• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Charlie Strong is not getting fired

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

2 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

He also lost 99% of the players that made this team a top 5 offense his 2nd year. I will be the first to admit, I over estimated this team and the rebuilding process it will take. 

WKU coach went 6-7 his first year and 1 - 9 his 2nd year. CCS is 17-7 or 18-6 his 2 years here. Is that really your rebuttal?

So now you are quantifying your original statement?

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

The problem is 0-5 in the last 5. It's a trend. We lost Q, but, that didn't matter in the first 7 games, only in the last 5?

I have been mostly for keeping CCS, but, after the last 2 weeks, I think he needs to go. We've been holtzed again Bulls fans. Maybe if we're lucky, someone will hire CCS away to be their DC and we can waive his buyout and move on.

Ideally Kelly would fire him outright, but, that's going to be hard to do. I think it could happen, just not sure that it will happen.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

26 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

He also lost 99% of the players that made this team a top 5 offense his 2nd year. I will be the first to admit, I over estimated this team and the rebuilding process it will take. 

WKU coach went 6-7 his first year and 1 - 9 his 2nd year. CCS is 17-7 or 18-6 his 2 years here. Is that really your rebuttal?

99%? I would say replaced with equally productive backs, even better TE play and as a unit, at least equal talent at WR.  No way to replace Flowers, but with different skill set from the QB a coach with a winning mentality has to adjust his playcalling to the skills his QB brings. 

Unless we are bringing in the 1974 Ohio State offensive line running the offense the way it has been run the last 2 years will yield the same results we have seen. 

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,799
  • Days Won:  0

Anyone could see that the first seven games that we were going to start losing the way we were playing. Absolutely no adjustment ls to the players you have. Good coaches adjust to the players.  Gilbert is arrogant. He needs to go. Charlie is guilty if he makes no changes.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

4 minutes ago, Bullrush33 said:

Anyone could see that the first seven games that we were going to start losing the way we were playing. Absolutely no adjustment ls to the players you have. Good coaches adjust to the players.  Gilbert is arrogant. He needs to go. Charlie is guilty if he makes no changes.

If a change happens at OC I would expect announced very soon..if not no change likely.

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  740
  • Days Won:  0

I'm curious about the radio silence from the athletic department and the USF 'beat reporters' since Saturday's game.

FWIW, Taggart (after going 4-8 in year 2) canned both coordinators on Dec 8, more than 10 days after the War-on-I4.

I looked around to see if the athletic department released a statement supporting the embattled Holtz and Taggart after their respective second seasons (searching for precedent) but couldn't find anything.

• Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  1,141

8 minutes ago, Bulls On Parade said:

If a change happens at OC I would expect announced very soon..if not no change likely.

And it needs to be OC, OL, DB and S&C coaches imo

• Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  1,141

The other big issue with CCS is the media black hole that he has created. We all love to bash our local media, but they aren't getting any info, not even game rosters. It's kinda hard to get publicity like that ...

Edited by BayIslandBull

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

1 minute ago, OnTheBus said:

I'm curious about the radio silence from the athletic department and the USF 'beat reporters' since Saturday's game.

FWIW, Taggart (after going 4-8 in year 2) canned both coordinators on Dec 8, more than 10 days after the War-on-I4.

I looked around to see if the athletic department released a statement supporting the embattled Holtz and Taggart after their respective second seasons (searching for precedent) but couldn't find anything.

Slightly different situation, though. We still have another game coming up. If you don't **** can some staff right now, it means you're keeping them all the way through the bowl and all of the practices leading up to it. And if you're going to do that, you're either keeping everyone for next year or you're just pissing away the entire "extra practice" benefit of going to a crap bowl game.

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

18 minutes ago, OnTheBus said:

The thing about those seasons, those teams weren't going to bowls so the season was effectively over by that point. 

Off the top of my head, every firing that has happened thus far has been for teams that have no bowl and their season is over. UH fired their defensive coordinator but having a current defensive coach fill in for the bowl game if probably no big deal. 

I keep hearing, that if CCS is fired after the bowl, then it is too late. Too late for what?!?

Cure Bowl is probably our destination and it happens on 12/15. Leavitt was fired in January. This recruiting class coming in isn't looking good so it is lost either way. 

CCS said 7-6 wouldn't work for USF. Well let's see if that happens. If it does, CCS basically said he should be fired and there wouldn't be anything to defend. 

Edited by usf97