• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Strong Ain’t Going No Where

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,554
  • Days Won:  28

18 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Love, Joey 😂😂😂

Sad when Joey Knight has the most common sense. You all cried that the world was coming 2 an end when we had Taggart and then we got good. I have no doubt we will be much better next year. CCS has my support 

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,466
  • Days Won:  25

17 hours ago, Bull Dozer said:

Because every coach needs their guys to truly run their system and there's a ton of guys getting ojt right now. Alot of those same guys are in spots where we are inconsistent and problem areas. A lot of that is youth. If he can't win with his guys he's outta here. 

So the guy in Orlando had his guys on day one... Must be nice.

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  488
  • Days Won:  2

11 hours ago, usfgrad84 said:

Yeah, remind me which are Heupel’s guys on UCF. 

Just being a wise ass. Lol

This is 100% true. Heupel was smart enough to not try to fix what wasn’t broken. 

Slowing down the offense was the beginning of the end for us. I have been in the keep Strong camp...now I’m swaying. Our brand of football is boring. The team just has an overall lack of excitement and enthusiasm.

I don’t see excitement when we do things well and I don’t see any anger or emotion when we don’t. It’s boring and frustrating.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

37 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Sad when Joey Knight has the most common sense. You all cried that the world was coming 2 an end when we had Taggart and then we got good. I have no doubt we will be much better next year. CCS has my support 

Unless Strong changes the results will be the same next year for most part.

Not that worried about the defense but the offense we run is a complete mess.

Edited by Bulls On Parade

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

2 minutes ago, SpeedBull said:

This is 100% true. Heupel was smart enough to not try to fix what wasn’t broken. 

Slowing down the offense was the beginning of the end for us. I have been in the keep Strong camp...now I’m swaying. Our brand of football is boring. The team just has an overall lack of excitement and enthusiasm.

I don’t see excitement when we do things well and I don’t see any anger or emotion when we don’t. It’s boring and frustrating.

All you have to do is look at the sidelines yesterday.  USF appeared flat and unemotional like they have most the year and Temple players where swaying back and forth on kickoffs and waiving towels in the air.  Is that a lack of leadership or coaching?  Something is not right 

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

32 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

So the guy in Orlando had his guys on day one... Must be nice.

The guy in Orlando walked into a generational QB, CCS did the same and took that team to the wire last season. UCF will feel the same pinch we felt this season after Milton leaves. Guys like Milton and Q make coaches look like geniuses because they make good decisions with the ball and are able to cover up deficiencies with their athleticism. We lost a lot of chunk runs, avoided sacks and avoided turnovers when Q graduated. UCF will do the same.... 

Edit, how's the guy who built that thing in Orlando doing without his guys? 

Edited by Bull Dozer

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

11 hours ago, usfgrad84 said:

Yeah, remind me which are Heupel’s guys on UCF. 

Just being a wise ass. Lol

How's Scott Frost doing without his guys? 

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

Apparently back in August, it was reported that CCS said 7-6 would not work for this season. So basically the way I read that, CCS thinks if he doesn't win one of the next two games, then he should be fired. 

“I don’t know the number, but we have to have a good year,” Strong added. “We had 11 wins and 10 wins the last two seasons. … No, 7-6 won’t work this season.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/msn/charlie-strong-7-6-won’t-work-for-usf-this-season/ar-BBLSKDd

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

On 11/18/2018 at 6:22 AM, Bulls On Parade said:

Nobody has sold me on why he needs more time.  I get it we lost some players on defense and Flowers but like said the team looks worse now than at the start I dont see a team that is trending up but getting worse.

If we had lost the Houston game, then beaten Tulane, lost at Cincy and won vs Temple sure that is a sign the team is moving in a positive direction but 4 losses in a row and the offense getting worse is not a good sign. 

I say cut your ties while cheap and go after a young energetic offensive minded coach that will bring in an aggressive style of defense.  The only way I could sign off on Strong staying would be if he brings in an OC and lets him do what he wants and stays away from the offense heck even Gilbert with a wide open playbook could be the upgrade we need for all we know.

He needs to be fired.  I know why Texas cut it's losses and Kelly didn't hire him, Harlan did.  Kelly would have likely gone in a different direction.  Strong is doing exactly what he did at Texas. Gilbert is a symptom of a bigger problem, Charlie Strong is not a good Head Coach.  He acts like he doesn't care about offense and that to me is crazy.  Gilbert doesn't know what he's doing and Strong doesn't know or care enough about offense see that.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

34 minutes ago, Calibull said:

He needs to be fired.  I know why Texas cut it's losses and Kelly didn't hire him, Harlan did.  Kelly would have likely gone in a different direction.  Strong is doing exactly what he did at Texas. Gilbert is a symptom of a bigger problem, Charlie Strong is not a good Head Coach.  He acts like he doesn't care about offense and that to me is crazy.  Gilbert doesn't know what he's doing and Strong doesn't know or care enough about offense see that.

He is not going anywhere. He has all the built in excuses. Won his first year, Young, Injuries, etc.

This transition was to be expected when going from an offensive minded coach(more aggressive) to a defensive minded one(more conservative). I said it was a mistake from day one.

The roster was going to be turned over with the talent going to defense and the offense as an afterthought. we are just in the middle of the process.

He destroyed texas' program. Mack Brown had a winning record 15 of 16 years there. Strong came in(kicked off 9 players and suspended more for smoking pot) and didn't have a single winning record in 3 years. He lost to Kansas  in his 3rd year. It was a joke we hired him after failing at the only program in the country that has their own espn channel.