• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Strong Ain’t Going No Where

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,018
  • Days Won:  469

1 hour ago, Bull Dozer said:

If he can't win with his guys he's outta here.

I have a lotta respect for you and I think Coach Bull Dozer is a great name.  But...

A great coach can coach players.  A great coach doesn't need "his own guys" to make a difference.  That's a red herring.

I have coached a lot of players and many that were not mine, but I could make them better and help them win.

I wanted CCS back this year for consistency.  I'm not sure I want consistency going into next season.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

1 hour ago, usf97 said:

It’s actually regression. 

Darnell Salomon used to look like a good player. Now he doesn’t even look like he knows how to catch the ball.

A lot of that is the QB.  We don't have a good one.  At least not a good one that has game experience.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

12 minutes ago, Brad said:

I wanted CCS back this year for consistency.  I'm not sure I want consistency going into next season.

Consistent lack luster football I would agree...unless huge changes are made at offense and special teams.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

11 minutes ago, Brad said:

I have a lotta respect for you and I think Coach Bull Dozer is a great name.  But...

A great coach can coach players.  A great coach doesn't need "his own guys" to make a difference.  That's a red herring.

I have coached a lot of players and many that were not mine, but I could make them better and help them win.

We will see I had us at 3-5 losses coming into the season. We lost a ton of production and leadership and I wasn't as bullish on Barnett "taking the offense to the next level" like others. This was always going to be a transition year/changing of the guard season and those aren't alway smooth. I think some bought the hype or truly didn't appreciate what Q brought to the offense or guys like Senat, Hector, Nichols, and Sanchez brought to the defense. 

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, NinjaPenguin777 said:

This is a damning reply to that tweet from JK...

Since taking over at #USF, Charlie Strong is 17-6. He has played against 5 teams ranked in the top 55 of S&P+ rankings, he is 0-5 in those games. 0 wins against D1 teams that finished reg szn with a winning record. Context is everything Joey

One win actually, against Temple last season, but your point is well taken...

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Even if he stays, his brand of football sucks the life out of the fanbase. Especially, when we are boring and most of the rest of the conference is playing mostly exciting football, even if they are not winning. 

I don’t like to talk about coaches being fired, but Kelly is in a difficult spot. Keeping Strong could be just as bad as Holtz receiving that extension. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  1,294
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, Brad said:

That “my guys” line is complete and utter ******** every time. That means either you’re so inflexible you don’t know how to adjust or need a culture of players bending to your authoritarian will to succeed that your ceiling will never be very high in the first place.

A truly great leader finds individuals strengths and then puts them in positions to utilize those talents to the best of their abilities.

Based on the past season and a half, plus the three at Texas, I just don’t see this staff ever adjusting.

It’s time to go poach an exciting young OC from a big-time program who needs a springboard into the head coaching position.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,018
  • Days Won:  469

2 minutes ago, NovaBull said:

That “my guys” line is complete and utter ******** every time. That means either you’re so inflexible you don’t know how to adjust or need a culture of players bending to your authoritarian will to succeed that your ceiling will never be very high in the first place.

A truly great leader finds individuals strengths and then puts them in positions to utilize those talents to the best of their abilities.

Based on the past season and a half, plus the three at Texas, I just don’t see this staff ever adjusting.

It’s time to go poach an exciting young OC from a big-time program who needs a springboard into the head coaching position.

Sounds like we agree....?

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  1,294
  • Days Won:  0

4 minutes ago, Brad said:

Sounds like we agree....?

100% in agreement.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

In college football I don’t believe in the “needs his guy” argument. 

Other schools lost guys to the NFL and they continue to get better. 

McCants, Wilcox, Cronkrite are not good enough football players to create a decent offense?

Which players do you bring in that stops all the special teams disasters?

so you add 20 pounds to each OL what does that do for you? It becomes 2nd and 7 rather than 2nd and 8 when you run your 165lb back between the tackles?  You still aren’t spreading the field to get the ball in playmakers’ hands. 

Comes down to a change in philosophy not personnel in any phase of the game. 

Also starts at the top by creating a winning philosophy. Not a hope to win philosophy. 

• Upvote 1