• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Strong Ain’t Going No Where

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

3 minutes ago, jjlovecub said:

This board said the same thing about CWT in year 2

But I was on the Taggart side! I could see improvement... I only see regression with this staff

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

The only reason we beat GT was because we had two kickoffs for TDs...when the hell will that ever happen again...try never. 

Just now, NewEnglandBull said:

The only reason we beat GT was because we had two kickoffs for TDs...when the hell will that ever happen again...try never. 

I'd argue the reason we won the first few games was literally all talent.  Once you figured out the basics of how we use it and what we don't do, talent just got out coached.  That's literally what's going on, we're being out coached.  Since Strong has gotten here his teams start slow and seem messy and unprepared.  Every game.... Every single game...

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Just now, Calibull said:

I'd argue the reason we won the first few games was literally all talent.  Once you figured out the basics of how we use it and what we don't do, talent just got out coached.  That's literally what's going on, we're being out coached.  Since Strong has gotten here his teams start slow and seem messy and unprepared.  Every game.... Every single game...

True point

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  715
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, Calibull said:

All the way from San Jose to Tampa....literally coast to coast? 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

11 minutes ago, jjlovecub said:

This board said the same thing about CWT in year 2

Yea and if he didn't open up offense he would have been fired.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

6 minutes ago, Calibull said:

But I was on the Taggart side! I could see improvement... I only see regression with this staff

Somebody who I suspect is related to Cronk posted here about how some of the offensive players went to CCS and tried to have a "let us go" talk ala the CWT era but CCS told them to talk to Gilbert the offense is his show.   Sounds like a guy who is disengaged from his team to me.....   I've had my share of ****** bosses in my time and this is a move cut straight outta their playbook....  

Edited by Bull Dozer

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Just now, Bull Dozer said:

Somebody who I suspect is related to Cronk posted here about how some of the offensive players went to CCS and tried to have a "let us go" talk ala the CWT era but CCS told them to talk to Gilbert the offense is his show.   Sounds like a guy who is disengaged from his team to me.....   

This offense is painful to watch. almost every run is between the tackles. this past week a RB would bounce outside and gain 6 or 7.

or stuff it between the tackles and go for 2. it is so obvious we need to use our speed on the outside runs but we never do.

• Content Count:  863
  • Days Won:  1

Just now, Bull94 said:

This offense is painful to watch. almost every run is between the tackles. this past week a RB would bounce outside and gain 6 or 7.

or stuff it between the tackles and go for 2. it is so obvious we need to use our speed on the outside runs but we never do.

Though, there was at least one run where Cronk tried to take it east/west instead of following his blockers and he got dumped for a loss. It is there. Sometimes. 

It doesn't make sense to fire Gilbert right now with 2 games left to play. This is mainly a question for the offseason. 

2 minutes ago, Hueyhog20 said:

All the way from San Jose to Tampa....literally coast to coast? 

I remember thinking at that game with my buddy and said "We're in trouble"... we ended up coming back after falling behind 17-0... but I was right.  We're in trouble... 

3 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

Somebody who I suspect is related to Cronk posted here about how some of the offensive players went to CCS and tried to have a "let us go" talk ala the CWT era but CCS told them to talk to Gilbert the offense is his show.   Sounds like a guy who is disengaged from his team to me.....   

I need to make a burner account here so I can put out things I know.  But I can't... I can just say players aren't happy and it's starting to leak out obviously.  Gilbert doesn't know how to use talent.  He didn't even know how to use Flowers and wouldn't change or adjust anything to fit what he did.  

• Upvote 1