• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Strong Ain’t Going No Where

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

2 hours ago, TruthARevolutionaryAct said:

At this point, I think there is only a ten / twelve percent or so chance CCS gets fired, and the reason it's that high is because there is at least a >1% chance he is given an ultimatum to change staff and refuses. 

The following scenario I don't expect at all, even 2013 was a close game, but if we were to put up a historically-pathetic showing like 51-13 how would that influence the odds of a change at HC?

Double? Triple? Quadruple?

If we get rolled on Back Friday I think it will be a black Friday for Strong and company.  If we get blown out badly, I can see him getting fired.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

4 hours ago, Calibull said:

I remember thinking at that game with my buddy and said "We're in trouble"... we ended up coming back after falling behind 17-0... but I was right.  We're in trouble... 

I need to make a burner account here so I can put out things I know.  But I can't... I can just say players aren't happy and it's starting to leak out obviously.  Gilbert doesn't know how to use talent.  He didn't even know how to use Flowers and wouldn't change or adjust anything to fit what he did.  

I suggest DefinitelyNotCaliBull

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

44 minutes ago, Calibull said:

If we get rolled on Back Friday I think it will be a black Friday for Strong and company.  If we get blown out badly, I can see him getting fired.

Agreed. I don't like the optics of us firing a coach two years in with a solid winning record, and yes, I know it's a pretty hollow record, but if we get curb stomped... I can see us making a change in the name of new direction under a new AD.

22 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Agreed. I don't like the optics of us firing a coach two years in with a solid winning record, and yes, I know it's a pretty hollow record, but if we get curb stomped... I can see us making a change in the name of new direction under a new AD.

I look at it like this... Kelly the new AD spent time working with the CFP (college football playoff), Associate ACC senior commissioner, worked with the national championship game in 12, worked on a super bowl committee.  He's a football guy and I don't think he'd hesitate to fire a coach he didn't hire if he thought he was not getting it done.  He also understands optics... So we'll see.  But I'm betting he'll ask for him to find a new OC at a minimum. 

If Strong is going to fire him at seasons end, i can understand how difficult of a position he's in.  It's his offense... he could tell him he wants a more open and varied attack.  Whether Gilbert is capable of listening is something else.  

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 minute ago, Calibull said:

If Strong is going to fire him at seasons end, i can understand how difficult of a position he's in.  It's his offense... he could tell him he wants a more open and varied attack.  Whether Gilbert is capable of listening is something else.  

I agree. It’s quiet simple really. Charlie if you don’t change the OC you can leave. 

• Like 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,717
  • Days Won:  109

41 minutes ago, Calibull said:

I look at it like this... Kelly the new AD spent time working with the CFP (college football playoff), Associate ACC senior commissioner, worked with the national championship game in 12, worked on a super bowl committee.  He's a football guy and I don't think he'd hesitate to fire a coach he didn't hire if he thought he was not getting it done.  He also understands optics... So we'll see.  But I'm betting he'll ask for him to find a new OC at a minimum. 

He's more a basketball guy.  Stopped playing football in 9th grade.  But he is obviously very aware of the football optics.

49 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

He's more a basketball guy.  Stopped playing football in 9th grade.  But he is obviously very aware of the football optics.

Yeah... but he also worked with the college football playoff.  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,717
  • Days Won:  109

10 hours ago, Calibull said:

Yeah... but he also worked with the college football playoff.  

I said that he is very aware of the football optics.  His passion and talents were in hoops when he was younger.

3 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

I said that he is very aware of the football optics.  His passion and talents were in hoops when he was younger.

I'm speaking of him as an Athletic director... I get where you're going but his boyhood passions will not stop him from firing a football coach... or demanding he make changes. I don't actually know what him liking basketball as a youth has to do with my comment.  I'm pointing out he has been around a lot of football as well as basketball, track, and other collegiate sports.  I don't even know why you thought I'd care to be honest.   Not being a **** it's just not on topic.  I was being polite and basically ignoring the comment.