• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Strong Ain’t Going No Where

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

1 minute ago, Calibull said:

I remember thinking at that game with my buddy and said "We're in trouble"... we ended up coming back after falling behind 17-0... but I was right.  We're in trouble... 

I need to make a burner account here so I can put out things I know.  But I can't... I can just say players aren't happy and it's starting to leak out obviously.  Gilbert doesn't know how to use talent.  He didn't even know how to use Flowers and wouldn't change or adjust anything to fit what he did.  

when a guy comes in and says that he didn't even watch the tape on a top 5 offense that he is taking over then you know there will be trouble.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Just now, Bull94 said:

This offense is painful to watch. almost every run is between the tackles. this past week a RB would bounce outside and gain 6 or 7.

or stuff it between the tackles and go for 2. it is so obvious we need to use our speed on the outside runs but we never do.

I think this season was even more painful than the early CWT Stanford years.   After a couple of games then I kind of just stopped caring because our offensive line was so bad we couldn't block any scheme you wanted to try to call.  This season however we have the horses to do some things on offense we just refuse to call plays that take advantage of our strengths.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

2 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

This offense is painful to watch. almost every run is between the tackles. this past week a RB would bounce outside and gain 6 or 7.

or stuff it between the tackles and go for 2. it is so obvious we need to use our speed on the outside runs but we never do.

It's like watching teeth get pulled.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,215
  • Days Won:  1

3 minutes ago, Breedwell said:

Though, there was at least one run where Cronk tried to take it east/west instead of following his blockers and he got dumped for a loss. It is there. Sometimes. 

It doesn't make sense to fire Gilbert right now with 2 games left to play. This is mainly a question for the offseason. 

Although the scheme as a whole is a problem, I’d rather let King call the plays from here on out 

3 minutes ago, Breedwell said:

Though, there was at least one run where Cronk tried to take it east/west instead of following his blockers and he got dumped for a loss. It is there. Sometimes. 

It doesn't make sense to fire Gilbert right now with 2 games left to play. This is mainly a question for the offseason. 

of course not every play works but you want to get speed on the edges. maybe instead of a 80% middle - 20% edge(not even sure it is that much)split we should think about the opposite.

1 minute ago, IBulleve said:

Although the scheme as a whole is a problem, I’d rather let King call the plays from here on out 

I agree with this. can't change the scheme but we can certainly change the play calls.

2 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

when a guy comes in and says that he didn't even watch the tape on a top 5 offense that he is taking over then you know there will be trouble.

Yup... incompetence is a ***** and it doesn't hide... if you really look for it, it's right there smiling at you.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,524
  • Days Won:  25

24 minutes ago, Hueyhog20 said:

They GT win wasn’t perfect, but USF showed heart and grit in that win, something we haven’t seen again. 

Why haven't we shown the ability to make the adjustments in the second half since?

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Just now, Bull94 said:

He told us who he was right from the beginning...... A guy who thinks he's the smartest guy in the room but in reality he's not fit to manage you kid's lemonade stand.....    

2 minutes ago, IBulleve said:

I think most of what's wrong is the play calling and inability to get feedback from players to make route and scheme adjustments.  King would/likely already sees it.  I also think his play selection would be unpredictable and some plays I've only seen maybe once this season would be used.  Like the rb flair to Bell... where has that been?  It didn't work because we didn't do anything to set it up... just randomly ran it... but obviously it's there.  King would just bring an entire different feel to play calling and I think the guys would respond.