• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Students to vote on tuition raise for on campus stadium

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,559
  • Days Won:  423

2 hours ago, DELdaBull said:

JPP, Henry, AND Mike Williams have made nice donations to USF over the years. You should stay out of their pockets or keep yourself more informed. 

And Mike Williams didn't even go to USF ... went to Syracuse .... but must have fallen in love with the school during his time with the Bucs.

• Haha 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,682
  • Days Won:  8

When is the vote.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

And Mike Williams didn't even go to USF ... went to Syracuse .... but must have fallen in love with the school during his time with the Bucs.

True. Jenkins. 🤣

Combining Trae and Mike. 

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, JTrue said:

I must have taken the other classes where this survey wasn’t cited.

Guess you are the only one in that class or even the industry that doesn't realize the impact of students attending sporting events WHILE they are in school and how it correlates to their donor percentages/levels afterward.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,680
  • Days Won:  108

44 minutes ago, Knight_Light said:

Guess you are the only one in that class or even the industry that doesn't realize the impact of students attending sporting events WHILE they are in school and how it correlates to their donor percentages/levels afterward.

So you're saying when we were filling the 12,501 seats in the student section back in '07 a percentage of them became donors.  I'd love to know what percentage is to expected and where they are.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

1 hour ago, Knight_Light said:

No, I'm just saying that a friend of mine is a Sport Management professor at a major SEC university and he doesn't know what study you're referencing. So absent any link, I'm not buying it. There may be a correlation, there may not. But I haven't seen it and the fact that you won't post it has me skeptical. But feel free to prove me wrong with your next post so I can say I'm sorry for doubting you.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,559
  • Days Won:  423

On 10/4/2018 at 5:48 AM, Knight_Light said:

True...but the #1 activity/event by FAR for most Universities for alumni to come back to campus are ON-CAMPUS Football Games...hence why so many Univ use those events to meet with key alumni individuals and even corporate/partner donors to help secure future donation $$$$, not just for athletics but for the Univ as a whole.

And is there a reason that those key alumni individuals and corporate/partner donors couldn't be met with at a game played in a world class football stadium that wasn't located on campus? USF is in a unique situation in that key alumni individuals and corporate/partner donors who give a crap about USF football are used to it being played in an NFL stadium. Building something on campus is not going to make tons more of either suddenly materialize. If it did, we'd probably already have one.

Also, one of the most important studies show that alumni who VISIT campus are much more likely to donate $$$ vs those that don't...and if you don't have that #1 event that helps bring alumni back to campus (on-campus football games), then you start behind the 8-ball.

Did your mythical "most important" study show which came first, the donations or the VISITS? That the alumni who donated weren't going to donate but changed their mind after they VISITED?

Bottom line is that, for UCF's situation, the Wok worked out nicely but USF is in a different situation .... a situation different than 99% of college football programs

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,680
  • Days Won:  108

8 hours ago, Triple B said:

And is there a reason that those key alumni individuals and corporate/partner donors couldn't be met with at a game played in a world class football stadium that wasn't located on campus? USF is in a unique situation in that key alumni individuals and corporate/partner donors who give a crap about USF football are used to it being played in an NFL stadium. Building something on campus is not going to suddenly make tons more of either suddenly materialize. If it did, we'd probably already have one.

Did your mythical "most important" study show which came first, the donations or the VISITS? That the alumni who donated weren't going to donate but changed their mind after they VISITED?

Bottom line is that, for UCF's situation, the Wok worked out nicely but USF is in a different situation .... a situation different than 99% of college football programs

Correct. That happens every week in the suites.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,682
  • Days Won:  8

I have a hard time believeing all these big donors who "care about USF football" would oppose and OCS. 

OCS benefits the campus, the tailgating experience, the student experience, and the outside perception of the program. 

If you can devise a low risk funding plan for the OCS, then what other reason is there to oppose it?

Edited by Gismo
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,215
  • Days Won:  1

4 hours ago, Gismo said:

I have a hard time believeing all these big donors who "care about USF football" would oppose and OCS. 

OCS benefits the campus, the tailgating experience, the student experience, and the outside perception of the program. 

If you can devise a low risk funding plan for the OCS, then what other reason is there to oppose it?

Just my $.02. This OCS debate has been going on for so long that all angles have been covered x1000 (atmosphere, donors, attendance, etc etc). The one thing that is for certain is that an OCS would be more enjoyable for the college football fan. Maybe not the typical USF fan that’s used to RayJay/pro sports life, but for the college football fan that wants the campus/tailgating tie in. Any plan that would get us closer to that mark without hindering our future endeavors, count me in. 

Edited by IBulleve