• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Students to vote on tuition raise for on campus stadium

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

34 minutes ago, DELdaBull said:

JPP, Henry, AND Mike Williams have made nice donations to USF over the years. You should stay out of their pockets or keep yourself more informed. 

tumblr_m4ifbmql1v1qfw2dno1_250.gif

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  1

43 minutes ago, DELdaBull said:

JPP, Henry, AND Mike Williams have made nice donations to USF over the years. You should stay out of their pockets or keep yourself more informed. 

Cool dude, well that struck a nerve with you. I would apologize for my ignorance, but I just don't care enough about who donates what or what they do with their money; all I'm saying is if it's fair to ask students, alumni and local investors to help with the bill, then it's fair to ask former athletes to do the same. 

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

I’m finding that a lot of people, Bulls fans or not, have no idea that you can work on things simultaneously. I’ve heard the comment “but why is this happening when we don’t have an IPF yet?” It’s quite simple. You can work on a short term and long term goal at the same exact time, but to start either one requires action. If you think the OCS is getting built within the next 3-4 years, you’re sadly mistaken. 

This tweet kind of struck a nerve and doesn’t scream intelligence too highly. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

30 minutes ago, OcalaBull2 said:

I’m finding that a lot of people, Bulls fans or not, have no idea that you can work on things simultaneously. I’ve heard the comment “but why is this happening when we don’t have an IPF yet?” It’s quite simple. You can work on a short term and long term goal at the same exact time, but to start either one requires action. If you think the OCS is getting built within the next 3-4 years, you’re sadly mistaken. 

This tweet kind of struck a nerve and doesn’t scream intelligence too highly. 

Any chance they would pay for the IPF? Never mind...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,559
  • Days Won:  423

10 hours ago, Knight_Light said:

True...but the #1 activity/event by FAR for most Universities for alumni to come back to campus are ON-CAMPUS Football Games...hence why so many Univ use those events to meet with key alumni individuals and even corporate/partner donors to help secure future donation $$$$, not just for athletics but for the Univ as a whole.

Also, one of the most important studies show that alumni who VISIT campus are much more likely to donate $$$ vs those that don't...and if you don't have that #1 event that helps bring alumni back to campus (on-campus football games), then you start behind the 8-ball.

10 hours ago, Knight_Light said:

That's the short-sighted view.

College Football season ticket sales studies show that alumni who attended games while as student are MUCH MORE LIKELY to become future season tix holders/donors AFTER graduation.

That's why student attendance is soooooooooooo important for AD's and Booster Clubs...because those that show up,  a percentage of them will become the future season tix holders/donors (much higher percentage vs those students who were not engaged in attending sporting events while they were in school).

7 hours ago, Apis Bull said:

I'm not doubting you, but can you provide a link to those studies?  I'd like to read them.

*crickets*

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276
  • Days Won:  0

8 hours ago, Apis Bull said:

I'm not doubting you, but can you provide a link to those studies?  I'd like to read them.

Same thing

First one was done by Sports Illustrated some 20 plus years ago and still rings true in most Sports Marketing Classes/Courses...let alone anecdotal evidence from AD's, Sales Managers, etc...(every buyer has a profile now).

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

29 minutes ago, Knight_Light said:

First one was done by Sports Illustrated some 20 plus years ago and still rings true in most Sports Marketing Classes/Courses...let alone anecdotal evidence from AD's, Sales Managers, etc...(every buyer has a profile now).

Soooooo ... does that mean there's no link coming?  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,559
  • Days Won:  423

32 minutes ago, Knight_Light said:

tenor.gif?itemid=5280277

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

3 minutes ago, Triple B said:

tenor.gif?itemid=5280277

But ... but ... he used the word "anecdotal!!"  

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

36 minutes ago, Knight_Light said:

I must have taken the other classes where this survey wasn’t cited.