• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Students to vote on tuition raise for on campus stadium

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

20 hours ago, Knight_Light said:

...let alone anecdotal evidence 

Exactly!

That's exactly how researchers will tell you to deal with anecdotal evidence.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,559
  • Days Won:  423

5 hours ago, Gismo said:

I have a hard time believeing all these big donors who "care about USF football" would oppose and OCS.

Nobody said they'd oppose one .... but if all those big donors thought we needed one, we'd have one.

5 hours ago, Gismo said:

OCS benefits the campus, the tailgating experience, the student experience, and the outside perception of the program.

The only true improved benefit there would be the student experience .... which, admittedly, some put a high value on.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

3 hours ago, Triple B said:

Nobody said they'd oppose one .... but if all those big donors thought we needed one, we'd have one.

The only true improved benefit there would be the student experience .... which, admittedly, some put a high value on.

How many “big” donors do we have? Three, five, seven? I don’t think they add up to $180 mil. 

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

This absolutely paved the way...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,679
  • Days Won:  108

9 hours ago, IBulleve said:

Just my $.02. This OCS debate has been going on for so long that all angles have been covered x1000 (atmosphere, donors, attendance, etc etc). The one thing that is for certain is that an OCS would be more enjoyable for the college football fan. Maybe not the typical USF fan that’s used to RayJay/pro sports life, but for the college football fan that wants the campus/tailgating tie in. Any plan that would get us closer to that mark without hindering our future endeavors, count me in. 

Just need enough of them to pony up.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

How many “big” donors do we have? Three, five, seven? I don’t think they add up to $180 mil. 

You are correct.  Not all that many and we've squeezed most of them.  And really only the Mumas care about sports.  

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  149

10 hours ago, CousinRicky said:
20 hours ago, IBulleve said:

Just my $.02. This OCS debate has been going on for so long that all angles have been covered x1000 (atmosphere, donors, attendance, etc etc). The one thing that is for certain is that an OCS would be more enjoyable for the college football fan. Maybe not the typical USF fan that’s used to RayJay/pro sports life, but for the college football fan that wants the campus/tailgating tie in. Any plan that would get us closer to that mark without hindering our future endeavors, count me in. 

Just need enough of them to pony up.

There are some assumptions made about the tailgating being better on campus-- something we simply do not know is true. They might be far more diligent about drinking and rowdiness. The parking situation might be less than ideal. The cost of the stadium itself might be overwhelming. Some just assume all these things will suddenly be improved simply by making our own playing field. I am not sold on that being a given. If the administration decides to crank down on the students party scene, it might even hurt that attendance.

Not a deciding factor but let's not just assume the thing USF is missing is 6 or 7 games being played on the campus to make a huge difference to the program and its appearance to the rest of the country. I cannot recall ever having someone laugh at the fact we don't have our own stadium and have to play at (gasp) a pro football stadium. Next time you are at an NFL game in Norman Oklahoma, compare those facilities to the local college. Oh wait-- they do not have that luxury-- one which was financed by local residents taxes. Yes- a pirate ship in the end zone is not conducive to that all important "college experience". But neither is playing in a half-arsed aluminum benched seating bounce house. To me at least.

Do it right-- do it when we need to do it. Try to be reasonable about when it gets done and what it will be like. That seems like a fairly simple way to approach this subject imo.

1 hour ago, MikeG said:

There are some assumptions made about the tailgating being better on campus-- something we simply do not know is true. They might be far more diligent about drinking and rowdiness. The parking situation might be less than ideal. The cost of the stadium itself might be overwhelming. Some just assume all these things will suddenly be improved simply by making our own playing field. I am not sold on that being a given. If the administration decides to crank down on the students party scene, it might even hurt that attendance.

Not a deciding factor but let's not just assume the thing USF is missing is 6 or 7 games being played on the campus to make a huge difference to the program and its appearance to the rest of the country. I cannot recall ever having someone laugh at the fact we don't have our own stadium and have to play at (gasp) a pro football stadium. Next time you are at an NFL game in Norman Oklahoma, compare those facilities to the local college. Oh wait-- they do not have that luxury-- one which was financed by local residents taxes. Yes- a pirate ship in the end zone is not conducive to that all important "college experience". But neither is playing in a half-arsed aluminum benched seating bounce house. To me at least.

Do it right-- do it when we need to do it. Try to be reasonable about when it gets done and what it will be like. That seems like a fairly simple way to approach this subject imo.

Totally agree with you. Can't think of how much fun it would be tailgating in a parking garage.  Being sarcastic. Don't think it would be allowed.  So lug your stuff to some spot on a lawn, set it up, break it down, lug it back.  WOO HOO.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

Urm, there were designated "Tailgating" areas in the stadiums mock renderings. Not sure where the "Parking Garage" is coming from.

2 minutes ago, Azmodi said:

Urm, there were designated "Tailgating" areas in the stadiums mock renderings. Not sure where the "Parking Garage" is coming from.

Thought one rendition included a garage.  My mistake.  So how many tailgating spots?  5k?