• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Students to vote on tuition raise for on campus stadium

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

Just now, CousinRicky said:

Thought one rendition included a garage.  My mistake.  So how many tailgating spots?  5k?  

Not sure but they had two lots adjacent to the lake as "Tailgate Zones". I did see the "Student Garage" noted.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,561
  • Days Won:  423

Last thing I want to do down here is tailgate on asphalt or concrete and I'm thinking that will be the overwhelming majority of options on campus. The tailgating won't be better there ....

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,680
  • Days Won:  108

53 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Last thing I want to do down here is tailgate on asphalt or concrete and I'm thinking that will be the overwhelming majority of options on campus. The tailgating won't be better there ....

But there will be shade in the new stadium, and seat backs, and cup holders and, oh, never mind.  It will be on campus. 

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,215
  • Days Won:  1

4 hours ago, MikeG said:

There are some assumptions made about the tailgating being better on campus-- something we simply do not know is true. They might be far more diligent about drinking and rowdiness. The parking situation might be less than ideal. The cost of the stadium itself might be overwhelming. Some just assume all these things will suddenly be improved simply by making our own playing field. I am not sold on that being a given. If the administration decides to crank down on the students party scene, it might even hurt that attendance.

Not a deciding factor but let's not just assume the thing USF is missing is 6 or 7 games being played on the campus to make a huge difference to the program and its appearance to the rest of the country. I cannot recall ever having someone laugh at the fact we don't have our own stadium and have to play at (gasp) a pro football stadium. Next time you are at an NFL game in Norman Oklahoma, compare those facilities to the local college. Oh wait-- they do not have that luxury-- one which was financed by local residents taxes. Yes- a pirate ship in the end zone is not conducive to that all important "college experience". But neither is playing in a half-arsed aluminum benched seating bounce house. To me at least.

Do it right-- do it when we need to do it. Try to be reasonable about when it gets done and what it will be like. That seems like a fairly simple way to approach this subject imo.

Students will find a way to party. I can assure you of that. IF you’re an underclassmen, tell me what’s easier: 

A) pregaming in your dorm and walking to the stadium 

B) finding a DD & concealing your beverage from undercovers at RayJay 

finding a DD applies for 21+ students as well. Don’t worry about students ability to find a way to indulge 

Edited by IBulleve

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  3,497
  • Days Won:  9

On 10/4/2018 at 12:47 PM, NewEnglandBull said:

Finding a new way is simple...call Bulls Club and make voluntary contributions 

On 10/6/2018 at 12:58 PM, CousinRicky said:

But there will be shade in the new stadium, and seat backs, and cup holders and, oh, never mind.  It will be on campus. 

I heard there will be air conditioning, leather recliners, and open bars.

On 10/6/2018 at 9:51 AM, MikeG said:

There are some assumptions made about the tailgating being better on campus-- something we simply do not know is true. They might be far more diligent about drinking and rowdiness. The parking situation might be less than ideal. The cost of the stadium itself might be overwhelming. Some just assume all these things will suddenly be improved simply by making our own playing field. I am not sold on that being a given. If the administration decides to crank down on the students party scene, it might even hurt that attendance.

Not a deciding factor but let's not just assume the thing USF is missing is 6 or 7 games being played on the campus to make a huge difference to the program and its appearance to the rest of the country. I cannot recall ever having someone laugh at the fact we don't have our own stadium and have to play at (gasp) a pro football stadium. Next time you are at an NFL game in Norman Oklahoma, compare those facilities to the local college. Oh wait-- they do not have that luxury-- one which was financed by local residents taxes. Yes- a pirate ship in the end zone is not conducive to that all important "college experience". But neither is playing in a half-arsed aluminum benched seating bounce house. To me at least.

Do it right-- do it when we need to do it. Try to be reasonable about when it gets done and what it will be like. That seems like a fairly simple way to approach this subject imo.

I was at last weeks game in Norman...it looked similar to a Bulls game at RJS...every where you looked there was red!😁

• Haha 1

On 10/5/2018 at 10:46 PM, CousinRicky said:

You are correct.  Not all that many and we've squeezed most of them.  And really only the Mumas care about sports.  

The Morsanis did.

On 10/6/2018 at 11:19 AM, Azmodi said:

Not sure but they had two lots adjacent to the lake as "Tailgate Zones". I did see the "Student Garage" noted.

Not many parking spaces are shown in these renderings.

https://www.bizjournals.com/tampabay/news/2017/08/08/usf-wants-to-build-a-200-million-football-stadium.html