• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Students to vote on tuition raise for on campus stadium

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,734
  • Content Count:  37,583
  • Days Won:  29

1 hour ago, BayIslandBull said:

Yup, the second level student seats are covered with advertisements.

Thought so, seemed we've been about 5,000.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  423

6 hours ago, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

The average USF alum donates didly squat to Athletics.  

3 hours ago, USF Bulls Football said:

Totally agreed; and it’s in large part bc the average alum graduates and NEVER comes back.

But the average alum also NEVER goes to a USF football game. The key in all this is will an ocs change both those things ...

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,679
  • Days Won:  108

9 hours ago, Triple B said:

But the average alum also NEVER goes to a USF football game. The key in all this is will an ocs change both those things ...

Of course it will.  People that have graduated from USF never having attended a football game will suddenly go to a football game on campus, walk around said campus seeing how many more buildings there are and then call the VP of A and offer up $10,000/year for the rest of their lives. They will then never miss a football game the rest of their lives and we will sell out every game. You know, just like Tulane.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,743
  • Days Won:  17

15 hours ago, Triple B said:

You're kidding, right? We're already dangerously exposing our students to the evils of alcohol with the YC ....

You need to drink a bath tub full of Yuengling Traditonal Lager before you'd be exposed to the evils of alcohol, the ABV is so low.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, CousinRicky said:

Of course it will.  People that have graduated from USF never having attended a football game will suddenly go to a football game on campus, walk around said campus seeing how many more buildings there are and then call the VP of A and offer up $10,000/year for the rest of their lives. They will then never miss a football game the rest of their lives and we will sell out every game. You know, just like Tulane.

No, but i belief it would have an impact on an increase donations to the university...particularly if other non-sporting events can increase on campus. Just having a stadium itself will not be enough but coordinated events, promotions, and  philanthropic timing will make an impact. 

• Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,679
  • Days Won:  108

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

No, but i belief it would have an impact on an increase donations to the university...particularly if other non-sporting events can increase on campus. Just having a stadium itself will not be enough but coordinated events, promotions, and  philanthropic timing will make an impact. 

I didn't go to school there and I know you don't live around here.  There is a crap load of stuff going on on campus ALL the time.  We attend some of those as well, not just sporting events.  Concerts, plays, guest speakers.  We've sat in on talks from a former Ambassador last year and Herm Edwards during Black History month a few  years back.  Been to a few concerts.  There really are plenty of opportunities to do things on campus.  We do it all the time.  Now, our daughter and son-in-law who are grads don't do this but they are in a different time of their lives busy raising 2 kids.  But I truly don't believe an OCS is the cure all for more fund raising. People give to USF but it doesn't all go to Athletics.  

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

21 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

People give to USF but it doesn't all go to Athletics.  

And they give a lot to the academics side of it

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

30 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

I didn't go to school there and I know you don't live around here.  There is a crap load of stuff going on on campus ALL the time.  We attend some of those as well, not just sporting events.  Concerts, plays, guest speakers.  We've sat in on talks from a former Ambassador last year and Herm Edwards during Black History month a few  years back.  Been to a few concerts.  There really are plenty of opportunities to do things on campus.  We do it all the time.  Now, our daughter and son-in-law who are grads don't do this but they are in a different time of their lives busy raising 2 kids.  But I truly don't believe an OCS is the cure all for more fund raising. People give to USF but it doesn't all go to Athletics.  

Correct it would not be a cure all  but could significantly increase the amount of donations taking place now, which is incredibly weak. What I am saying is if these events get more exposure through promotional or organizing around the the hype of an OCS and the game itself, it may even more. My point is that athletics are not just a single entity that could be positively impacted with an OCS.  The point of the stadium is to increase the social and community aspect of University. Which, as I have mentioned, if done correctly, could create an increase in cash opportunities for the entire university. This may not be crazy $ but it would be a start. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  147

read a couple of pages and that was plenty

I would hope the students do not vote for this idea. They have enough bills to pay and lumping this on all of them is not fair-- we already do that with the athletic fee.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

1 hour ago, CousinRicky said:

My dad and I went to a Bill Cosby talk on fatherhood on campus many years ago, I guess that didn’t age too well.