• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Students to vote on tuition raise for on campus stadium

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  3,497
  • Days Won:  9

5 minutes ago, TRUTH D. Antagonist said:

alum would have more opportunities to return to campus.

The lack of an OCS doesn’t in anyway, shape, or form prevent alumnus from returning to campus.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

• Topic Count:  209
  • Content Count:  2,785
  • Days Won:  1

4 minutes ago, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

The lack of an OCS doesn’t in anyway, shape, or form prevent alumnus from returning to campus.

But it does encourage them to do so.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  209
  • Content Count:  2,785

Just now, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

How often do you visit the campus?

Not much. Only for football-related events. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  90
  • Days Won:  0

It's really sad to see so many students so disinterested in football.  Such a stark contrast to when I was a student and everyone I knew went to the games, so many would take road trips for away games, and we willingly did everything we could to get our wristbands for the games. Yes we were in a better conference but still it just sucks to see.  

The whole argument about not wanting to pay for something that you wont use cause you wont be a student anymore is garbage.  THEN COME BACK TO CAMPUS AND USE IT! This is what builds a supportive alumni base and tradition. You want to be a UF or FSU then invest and take pride in your school. A small rise in the athletic fund is nothing compared to the tuition at most other relative schools in the country and is offset because you dont have to pay a cent for any athletic event as a student!!! Stop being cheap!

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,461

@USFsurfer06 Don't go blaming the students after they just overflowed our student section at the last game.

I agree this might be too steep per credit hour, and a raise in the flat athletic fee would probably have a better chance.

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

7 hours ago, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

That should be against state law.  Students are already required to pay a student athletic fee.  Students that want to help fund a stadium should donate as much as they wish, those who do not shouldn’t have to.  The stadium should be funded by alumni and others who wish to, not on the backs of students.

That's why they're voting.  If they did this without making anyone aware then yes, it should be against the law, but they're open with students and letting them show their voice by voting. 

Edited by OcalaBull2
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  1,715

I wonder if the increase would be covered by the Florida pre-paid plan? I have a sophomore attending now, and all tuition and many fees have already been paid for by me over time for 18 years. If FL pre-paid is liable for any tuition increases, they have a pretty huge stake in this vote. If the increase is not covered then these types of cost increases could be considered a bait-and-switch for a lot of folks who rely on the fact that tuition is already covered. I know it is academic because the vote will likely be a resounding no. 

I honestly have not been following the OCS ins and outs very closely. I love the idea and would take pride in an OCS, but RJS is a pretty nice place for games despite it's location relative to the campus. Is there already an existing official USF OCS fund that people can donate to?

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,742
  • Days Won:  17

7 hours ago, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

I won't return until the OCS is complete.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,327

As much as I'd like to see an OCS, let's stop putting the cart before the horse and focus on the indoor practice facility.