• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

QB change?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  1

Looked like the FSU o-line out there. Tom Brady is struggling with the performance of the o-line last night. That said, no jet sweeps, one wr screen (two?), no quick slants (understand Q may have been too short for those, but that should be in BBs wheelhouse). Just went out there and ran the same offense and just about paid for it.

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

2 minutes ago, Bullrush33 said:

It’s not just the blocking he is missing reads. He stares down receivers. Panics when number one is not open.  I hope he improves but just acknowledging the trend here.

I can agree with staring down receivers, but I don’t know how much he panics. He may use his legs too soon but there have also been plays where he’s effective doing that. This is something that needs to be worked on in practice. This is also his first season as a college athlete consistently playing.  

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,215

Everyone is allowed to have an opinion, this is just a bad one

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,801
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, IBulleve said:

Everyone is allowed to have an opinion, this is just a bad one

Just for apples to apples comparison Blake is on pace to match Flowers passing numbers from last year and half of his run production.  

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I am certainly glad we haven't lost a game.  This board would be in meltdown mode.  I think we have forgotten 3=9 followed by 2-10.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

9 minutes ago, Bullrush33 said:

Just for apples to apples comparison Blake is on pace to match Flowers passing numbers from last year and half of his run production.  

Speaking of looking at one option and then panicking. Thankfully he was elusive and cat quick.

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  740
  • Days Won:  0

14 minutes ago, Bullrush33 said:

Are you complaining that Barnett can not match the rush stats of the most prolific college rushing QB in the history of the state of Florida?

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

18 minutes ago, OnTheBus said:

Are you complaining that Barnett can not match the rush stats of the most prolific college rushing QB in the history of the state of Florida?

And wants BB replaced with a guy who rushed for -49 yards in a season the last time he was a starting QB.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953

Wow!?!? Is this seriously being discussed? BB is a young man that's just getting back into playing competitive football; he has had many different changes of scenery and life events (transfers, marriage and child). Let's give BB and this team time to learn, grow and gel. My goodness, it's ok to question schemes, play calls or mistakes. It's only 4 games and we were just talking last week if he will be the GOAT of USF football after next year. I mean, come on man, let's all just take a breath and realize this is a development and growing process, enough of the instant gratification menatlity that plagues our society. We are 4-0 and all of our goals are in front of us. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,341
  • Days Won:  5

Weare 4-0 and all of our goals are in front of us. 

• Most beat writers had us at 2-2. Greatful to escape September 4-0.