• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

QB change?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  125
  • Content Count:  649
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, SpeedBull said:

I don’t think this guy is trolling and I don’t think he’s completely off base either. I believe it was a legitimate topic of conversation.

I am not condoning a change at QB, but I’m certainly willing to acknowledge some fairly obvious chinks in BBs armor. 

Lets not forget BB has bounced around a bit. It’s one thing to get beat out at Alabama. It’s another thing to get beat out at ASU. He’s clearly not played at the level of a 5-Star recruit.

That all said, here at USF, I think a lot of the less than stellar play can be attributed to subpar play calling and O-Line play.

No need to make personal attack’s on the OP.

Well on the bright side...CWT should have a QB shakeup. This thread is just that dumb.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

Tl:dr but the premise of this thread is nonsense. B.B. is the man, let him (? fish, simmer, scramble, or whatever). If he gets injured we’ll talk about a change. Most of the problems with his play aren’t his fault. He can’t pass protect and play qb at the same time. He is a baller and comes up big when we need him. Have some faith

Edited by Roaming Bull

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

6 hours ago, Bullrush33 said:

Are you telling and no point last night you wanted a qb change? I know it crossed my mind

No.  Complete crazy talk

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  1

47 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Well he definitely is not the world beater that many of us thought he was going to be after the first few games. We will have to see. If he struggles against a Umass defense then we have a problem...(taking into consideration that o line needs to improve considerably). 

So you have a kid playing his first season of competitive football in over a year, has us 4-0, in 2 games against P5 teams has over 600 yard passing, 100 yards rushing, 4 TD's and 3 INT's (2 of which were off receivers hands) and led us to come from behind drives in both games and you are dissatisfied because he has struggled a little? My goodness, what is the matter with people these days? With this mentality, Peyton Manning would have been benched during his rookie season. Also, what kind of message would that send to the team, "look guys, I know BB lead us to back to back come from behind wins, but, he struggled for 2 games and that's not good enough for me, even tho we still won". Anybody see anything wrong with this?

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

13 minutes ago, michibull said:

So you have a kid playing his first season of competitive football in over a year, has us 4-0, in 2 games against P5 teams has over 600 yard passing, 100 yards rushing, 4 TD's and 3 INT's (2 of which were off receivers hands) and led us to come from behind drives in both games and you are dissatisfied because he has struggled a little? My goodness, what is the matter with people these days? With this mentality, Peyton Manning would have been benched during his rookie season. Also, what kind of message would that send to the team, "look guys, I know BB lead us to back to back come from behind wins, but, he struggled for 2 games and that's not good enough for me, even tho we still won". Anybody see anything wrong with this?

That’s why I said “we will have to see”...the jury is still out in terms of him leading us to a championship. In terms of comparison to an nfl player that is Apple to oranges as they have a financial investment and will give a player three years (I like Blake but he ain’t no Manning). We have 1 1/2 seasons left. Also, no where in my post did I say replace him. All I am suggesting is that he “may” not be what many of us envisioned. He certainly is not the type of QB who will be able to take over a game by his skill set alone. Consequently, if our O line does not get its **** together consistently, it will impact the quality of Blake.  My prediction he will be fine once our stable of RBs get healthy and the O line gets more experience playing together. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  1,318
  • Days Won:  2

All of the criticism on BB is warranted. While the line has done him no favors I am not sure he has a completed a pass to a non-primary route yet. He has a strong arm but has made some poor decisions, and doesn't keep his head down field when he gets pressured.

That being said the backup QB is always the most popular man on campus, and there is no way a change should be made...right now.

Questioning and discussing his performance overall is one thing, suggesting a QB change is quite another .... 

1 minute ago, chapelbull said:

Questioning and discussing his performance overall is one thing, suggesting a QB change is quite another .... 

I think only one person “suggested” that. Most of us realize we will win or lose with Blake. 

Just now, NewEnglandBull said:

I think only one person “suggested” that. Most of us realize we will win or lose with Blake. 

Then I was referring to "that" person

5 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

Then I was referring to "that" person

👍