• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Blake Barnett

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

26 minutes ago, footnfan1 said:

Not to be critical, while I have watched him, does it seem to you like he is a one read QB? If the WR or RB is open, he throws it, if he is not, he runs? Am I off base. Nice come back win today.

First half... yes

Second half.... no

Edited by Skingraft

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

7 minutes ago, Skingraft said:

First half... yes

Second half.... no

OK thanks. I lost my feed right after the second half began.

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

49 minutes ago, TRUTH D. Antagonist said:

yes. he is also limited in his passes... He can throw deep or he can throw 100 mph bullets. he needs to work on his touch.

Yea, trying to throw the ball through the reciever on slants isn't going to work much longer. Even on some of the deep passes he overthrew open receivers. I didnt see it as the camera angle wasn't there but on one of the FG drives the announcer mentioned Clearvoux wide open in the endzone when Blake forced it to the other side of the field.

Technically, this is what his 3rd game at the college level(not countin his handful of plays in one game at Bama) so hopefully he can work on these things.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  361
  • Days Won:  0

I’ve been watching USF football since it’s inception. Even though the BB did not have his Best game. I can’t remember a USF quarterback making the throws he makes, IMO he’s only going to get better. 

I thought he missed opportunities in the red zone , Last week he kept the ball and ran for several TD’s this week I believe he was a little  cautious and handed the ball off when he could’ve kept it and ran, maybe he was concerned as he fumbled twice earlier.

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

He's a good G5 QB.  I've seen some say he's a 1st round draft pick which he is not.  

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Keep in mind he is still learning as this is only the seventh week in pads.

Considering this, he has done an outstanding job, and these past two wins has to speed up the learning curve, and boost his confidence. My main concern with him is the same thing that's been mentioned by several others on this board....he often zeroes in on one receiver, then takes off if it's not available. Hopefully that gets corrected.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

4 minutes ago, beastiebull said:

He's a good G5 QB.  I've seen some say he's a 1st round draft pick which he is not.  

Yeah he is.  He oozes potential and has a strong arm.  He had a bad first half and threw for 300 yards in the second half.  He's made his 4th start and he's getting better.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  279
  • Days Won:  0

It's encouraging that he shows up in the 4th Quarter. On a day where he clearly struggled early, he made the plays when they mattered. 

I have to imagine we will be in at least a few more dogfights this year and I'm pretty happy that we have a dude who will keep battling.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

32 minutes ago, beastiebull said:

I'd one better and say a Very Good G5 qb with upwards potential.  Premature to call him a 1st round pick, but the best pure qb we've seen here.  He's also cut his teeth the past couple of years against good talent so playing against the g5 will only make him look even better

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

28 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

Considering this, he has done an outstanding job, and these past two wins has to speed up the learning curve, and boost his confidence. My main concern with him is the same thing that's been mentioned by several others on this board....he often zeroes in on one receiver, then takes off if it's not available. Hopefully that gets corrected.

We used to call it "happy feet", but with his athleticism he can make something happen often even if it is a short gain as opposed to a sack or forced throw.