• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Blake Barnett

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  356
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, footnfan1 said:

1 hour ago, Calibull said:

Yeah he is.  He oozes potential and has a strong arm.  He had a bad first half and threw for 300 yards in the second half.  He's made his 4th start and he's getting better.  

Cali, from the beginning you have been pretty spot on with your assessment of BB. I do not think he is a one read QB, but he does have to trust his line more.  He, at times, commits to the run too early and seems to shy away from getting hit.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  153

27 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

I think your question is better served towards @BullsFanInTX.  I'm one who thinks he should stay for a 2nd season no matter what.

I quoted both of you because I was supporting your point

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

Pumping this much hype into Barnett is only going to lead to disappointment. You're expectations after 3 games against ****** teams can very well prove true or very well prove not. This is like arguing why USF is going to go undefeated, then when it doesn't happen you'll ***** and moan. Just enjoy the ride, Barnett has A LOT to improve before sniffing an NFL practice squad let alone the 4th round of the draft.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

Just now, 206BULL said:

Pumping this much hype into Barnett is only going to lead to disappointment. You're expectations after 3 games against ****** teams can very well prove true or very well prove not. This is like arguing why USF is going to go undefeated, then when it doesn't happen you'll ***** and moan. Just enjoy the ride, Barnett has A LOT to improve before sniffing an NFL practice squad let alone the 4th round of the draft.

I second this. He’s not the second coming of T. Brady, at least not yet. Could he be, who knows

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

12 minutes ago, 206BULL said:

Absolutely...enjoy each week, it goes by so fast. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,018
  • Days Won:  469

56 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Blake ain’t going in the top 4 rounds...at least not yet. This discussion will be more pertinent in late December. 

'19?

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Just now, Brad said:

'19?

In between then and NYD 😉

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  3

7 hours ago, footnfan1 said:

Not to be critical, while I have watched him, does it seem to you like he is a one read QB? If the WR or RB is open, he throws it, if he is not, he runs? Am I off base. Nice come back win today.

No harm evaluating play and being a college football fan. It is when others from your university get nasty and serve up unfounded opinions it is a problem. Thanks for your contribution. 

I think part of it is the trust in pocket. I think he is feeling the pressure to do something rather than to sit back and trust that his speed guys are getting open. If we can build up and solidify our O line, I think we see BB use his weapon with more finesse, and that is a lot on him to work on and correct. From how he has presented himself to the media he seems like the kind of kid who will and become much much better as the season progresses. 

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

For what it's worth, a true freshman at Texas Tech threw for over 600 yards and put 63 points against Houston yesterday.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

Looks to me he is our starting QB this season and the Bulls have won all three games so far.   GO BULLS !!