• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Taggart SBNation Comment on USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,253
  • Days Won:  255

If you find a way to dominate the turnover battle you will find a way to win games? Who knew? Hopefully this news doesn’t get out and I can take the college football world by storm.

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,462
  • Days Won:  25

22 minutes ago, Roaming Bull said:

I never knew Jimbo was that bad at recruiting.

Just my opinion, but I think Jimbo lost interest.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

3 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

i agree and that’s why he left. Hopefully Taggart is slow to get things going and we can scoop up some good players the next couple of seasons 

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

22 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

I agree totally with that.

Also, FSU has a ton of talent.  If they lose, it's on Taggart.  I see 4 or 5 Ls on their schedule. 7 and 8 win seasons at FSU are losing seasons.  He'll run up the score on bottom feeders and get lambasted by good team.s 

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

10 minutes ago, Calibull said:

I agree totally with that.

Also, FSU has a ton of talent.  If they lose, it's on Taggart.  I see 4 or 5 Ls on their schedule. 7 and 8 win seasons at FSU are losing seasons.  He'll run up the score on bottom feeders and get lambasted by good team.s 

doesn't matter how much talent you think they have if your o-line is as bad as they were the other night. this was a 7-6 team last year that lost to boston college 35-3.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,508
  • Days Won:  21

Just now, Bull94 said:

doesn't matter how much talent you think they have if your o-line is as bad as they were the other night. this was a 7-6 team last year that lost to boston college 35-3.

Didn't they lose their starting QB last season?  So they have no potential on their Oline?  Sounds like coaching looking at their roster.  Taggart has never developed a QB so Francios is never going to be developed.  His system to me is as gimmicky as the triple option.  A good DC can keep him out of the end zone.  People keep saying it was the team that lost to Boston College 35-3 last year like FSU fans, or any fans really, will be cool with that.  That makes it better.... a good coach would have beat Va Tech with that squad.  FSU has way more talent that Va Tech, just a crappy coach.  

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

8 minutes ago, Calibull said:

Didn't they lose their starting QB last season?  So they have no potential on their Oline?  Sounds like coaching looking at their roster.  Taggart has never developed a QB so Francios is never going to be developed.  His system to me is as gimmicky as the triple option.  A good DC can keep him out of the end zone.  People keep saying it was the team that lost to Boston College 35-3 last year like FSU fans, or any fans really, will be cool with that.  That makes it better.... a good coach would have beat Va Tech with that squad.  FSU has way more talent that Va Tech, just a crappy coach.  

Their offensive line has been bad for 3 years but Dalvin Cook was around to bail them out before the last 2 seasons by being an absolute force of nature.   Every FSU fan I know has been complaining about how bad of an OL coach and recruiter Trickett was for years and the only reason he was on the staff was he was Jimbo's hunting buddy.   Some of those fans seem to be having amnesia about that talk now while others who i usually take seriously knew that unit would be a mess and this rebuild would take a couple years because the systems are so far apart philosophy wise.     Heck Ole Miss about killed Frenchy two years ago in their opener before Jimbo "lost interest".   As much as some thought it was about the football center/facilites  when Jimbo left I think this was a shrewd move based in Jimbo seeing the glaring holes in their roster that they had, similar to Urban's "heart problems" at Florida.... 

Edited by Bull Dozer
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,253
  • Days Won:  255

3 minutes ago, Calibull said:

It takes years to teach a team how to win.... FSU fans are going to just fine with that excuse. Just like I am sure they love how it’s not his fault V- Tech wouldn’t just roll over and let him run his offense at the speed that’s required for it to have anything that resembles success. Has anyone ever heard CWT take responsibility for anything that’s gone wrong at any stay he has been in or tried to pass credit for his success onto anyone that’s contributed to it? That’s my main issue with this entire thread. CWT doesn’t seem to think we helped him at all yet we are all expected to be eternally grateful for him for doing the bare minimum required to keep his job sans the one year he showed any tangible success that he then parlayed into two great gigs. He went to Oregon and  everyone moved on fairly quickly now he is at FSU and he feels the need to take pot shots at us, if he isn’t actively cheering for our success I don’t understand how it would be required to cheer for his.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

28 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

I just don't see how the OL can be SO bad that you can't scheme around it... sure, 3rd and long is going to be tough, but, that is why the spread option was invented... it helps undersized teams keep a defense off balance... did he just wake up on Monday with a bad OL, or, has it been bad? Good coaching is about taking advantage of your team's strengths, masking the weakness, and exploiting your opponents' weaknesses. If OL is a weakness, you had ALL OFF SEASON to figure out a way to not let that be your crutch.