• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Taggart SBNation Comment on USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,546
  • Days Won:  28

4 hours ago, Bull94 said:

I think they rank some teams early in the season in order to promote these games that are on primetime tv. it makes people think that these teams are better than they really are. in reality FSU was 7-6 last year with wins over southern miss, louisianna-monroe and delaware state as well as syracuse and duke. Their best win was over wake forest.

it's why mediocre programs from last year start out ranked this year. to promote big tv games. wvu, michigan, texas, fsu

That makes a lot of sense. 

1 hour ago, Calibull said:

I agree totally with that.

Also, FSU has a ton of talent.  If they lose, it's on Taggart.  I see 4 or 5 Ls on their schedule. 7 and 8 win seasons at FSU are losing seasons.  He'll run up the score on bottom feeders and get lambasted by good team.s 

I think they recruited a lot of great talent, but the talent didn't develop. The offensive line probably played the worse game I ever seen in my life for an O-liine. There was no way the offense could have done anything. Taggart didn't call a perfect game, but even if he did, they probably wouldn't have score. I mean VT only rushed 3 Dlineman and was still getting penetration. The wide receivers are even worse. they put absolutely NO effort in blocking which is why so many plays got blown up. I put 95% of the blame on the players. They have no heart. 

1 hour ago, Bull Dozer said:

Their offensive line has been bad for 3 years but Dalvin Cook was around to bail them out before the last 2 seasons by being an absolute force of nature.   Every FSU fan I know has been complaining about how bad of an OL coach and recruiter Trickett was for years and the only reason he was on the staff was he was Jimbo's hunting buddy.   Some of those fans seem to be having amnesia about that talk now while others who i usually take seriously knew that unit would be a mess and this rebuild would take a couple years because the systems are so far apart philosophy wise.     Heck Ole Miss about killed Frenchy two years ago in their opener before Jimbo "lost interest".   As much as some thought it was about the football center/facilites  when Jimbo left I think this was a shrewd move based in Jimbo seeing the glaring holes in their roster that they had, similar to Urban's "heart problems" at Florida.... 

Don't remind me. Urban Myers crapped on us. Im still bitter about him leaving UF for Ohio State.

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

It takes years to teach a team how to win.... FSU fans are going to just fine with that excuse. Just like I am sure they love how it’s not his fault V- Tech wouldn’t just roll over and let him run his offense at the speed that’s required for it to have anything that resembles success. Has anyone ever heard CWT take responsibility for anything that’s gone wrong at any stay he has been in or tried to pass credit for his success onto anyone that’s contributed to it? That’s my main issue with this entire thread. CWT doesn’t seem to think we helped him at all yet we are all expected to be eternally grateful for him for doing the bare minimum required to keep his job sans the one year he showed any tangible success that he then parlayed into two great gigs. He went to Oregon and  everyone moved on fairly quickly now he is at FSU and he feels the need to take pot shots at us, if he isn’t actively cheering for our success I don’t understand how it would be required to cheer for his.

Um, we sucked b4 he got here and he has given us our greatest season a 11-1 season and won I think 21 out of his last 25 games here. Im going to always be grateful for his contributions, just like I will always be grateful for CJL contributions. Don't curse this team with ungratefulness. That's what happened to the Gators. We are like 35-5 in our last 40 games. He taught us how to win, and handed Charlie strong a good team, after we endured many seasons with a culture of losing. Don't be the bitter ex-girlfriend. FSU i his dream job and he had to jump on the opportunity. I don't think he would have left Oregon to coach at Wake forest. And if he doesn't cheer for us, it's probably b/c of all the $**t that was said about him while he was here so i wouldnt blame him if he was bitter. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,253
  • Days Won:  255

4 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Um, we sucked b4 he got here and he has given us our greatest season a 11-1 season and won I think 21 out of his last 25 games here. Im going to always be grateful for his contributions, just like I will always be grateful for CJL contributions. Don't curse this team with ungratefulness. That's what happened to the Gators. We are like 35-5 in our last 40 games. He taught us how to win, and handed Charlie strong a good team, after we endured many seasons with a culture of losing. Don't be the bitter ex-girlfriend. FSU i his dream job and he had to jump on the opportunity. I don't think he would have left Oregon to coach at Wake forest. And if he doesn't cheer for us, it's probably b/c of all the $**t that was said about him while he was here so i wouldnt blame him if he was bitter. 

10-2 but who is counting? CWT has never won 11 games or lost one. I’m not the bitter ex for responding to his bitter comments and if I don’t cheer for him it’s probably because he is at FSU talking 💩 about us.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,117
  • Days Won:  6

17 hours ago, puc86 said:

Far more reasonable to expect him to have the worst ever FBS loss to an FCS team in college history.

Just out of curiosity what two teams were those?  We got trounced by McNeese but surely there were worse loses by FBS to FCS.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,253
  • Days Won:  255

18 minutes ago, MMW said:

Just out of curiosity what two teams were those?  We got trounced by McNeese but surely there were worse loses by FBS to FCS.

That’s what I was referring to. If there was a worse loss since I am unaware of it.Largest FCS losses

• Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  2,352
  • Days Won:  4

32 minutes ago, MMW said:

There were not...

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

5 hours ago, chapelbull said:

They had plenty of time to review that play.  There was even a false start in there.  Announcers made a statement later in the game that "they said it was clearly not a TD so they didn't review it" .  honestly not sure how it was clear

The false start certainly gave them some time to get a few looks at it but even without the review, I think it would have been better to slow down get your heavy package in there and just trust that 11 on 11 you can punch it in. Instead, he chooses to rush to the line and hoped to catch them unprepared and it the end, it was his team that wasn't prepared to get the ball in the end zone.