• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Taggart SBNation Comment on USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

It’s directly related to USF and was the single most engaged topic on main page so of course we should move it.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,113
  • Days Won:  6

1 hour ago, Bausfkid said:

You got some Willie hate for sure. 

Try to focus on his body of work while at USF and not one game.  He was a good steward of the program and left if better than he inherited it.

He's one game in at FSU and he's a bum?  Wow!  Hope you don't manage people or procreate.  Tough standards for sure.

Go Bulls!

I have not read this entire thread or all of @puc86 's comments, but the ones I have read seem pretty factual.

He did mention something about being a bulls fan (short for fanatic) so it makes sense he looks at things through the lens of what is best for USF.

Looking through that lens I appreciate what he did for the program but he could have left and been more gracious in interviews about USF after leaving.  One could debate whether he should have stolen our recruits or tried to get CCS as his DC.  He did those things for his career but should I, as a fan, be happy about it?

xCWT has a sckechy record that can be 

You don't have to he a hater to get pissed at some of the things he has done since leaving.  It certainly shouldn't preclude you from procreating.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,113
  • Days Won:  6

20 minutes ago, puc86 said:

It’s directly related to USF and was the single most engaged topic on main page so of course we should move it.

Move it where?  There are other boards on this forum?

7 minutes ago, MMW said:

The Florida athletics board, not any that anyone uses. When topics get moved they go to die.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Had an FSU friend pull me aside today to get my opinion about xCWT. His #1 complaint was the reuse of the same play that got smashed every time. I commiserated about the seeming hard-headedness on the the playbook, but I just told him to hang in there with him and he will figure out the team eventually. He didn't change our culture overnight, but I think it will be quicker for him there with more stars on the team.

I still wish him the best of luck, he helped pull us out of some dark times.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  147

2 hours ago, puc86 said:

if you truly feel this is about USF and not the entire state of Florida football (mostly FSU imo)-- I can move it back. I mostly moved it because some were asking for that to happen and also because I was following along and seeing very little other than a rehashing of the McNeese state debacle  and general xCWT mentions pertaining to USF football records. It did start out about his comments and then morphed into some bash thread about CWT

I was not trying to stop the conversation. I will move it back right now.

1 hour ago, puc86 said:
2 hours ago, MMW said:

The Florida athletics board, not any that anyone uses. When topics get moved they go to die.

better?

2 minutes ago, MikeG said:

better?

I was actually happier when I thought I was going to get to let it die but could blame outside causes. Kind of like Vtech faking injuries. I just like to complain and pretend to be outraged about things that aren’t actually important, I certainly wouldn’t decide where to put a topic based on my rants because I don’t even pretend to stay consistent in them.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I was actually happier when I thought I was going to get to let it die but could blame outside causes. Kind of like Vtech faking injuries. I just like to complain and pretend to be outraged about things that aren’t actually important, I certainly wouldn’t decide where to put a topic based on my rants because I don’t even pretend to stay consistent in them.

oh you.........

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

2 hours ago, MMW said:

I have not read this entire thread or all of @puc86 's comments, but the ones I have read seem pretty factual.

He did mention something about being a bulls fan (short for fanatic) so it makes sense he looks at things through the lens of what is best for USF.

Looking through that lens I appreciate what he did for the program but he could have left and been more gracious in interviews about USF after leaving.  One could debate whether he should have stolen our recruits or tried to get CCS as his DC.  He did those things for his career but should I, as a fan, be happy about it?

xCWT has a sckechy record that can be 

You don't have to he a hater to get pissed at some of the things he has done since leaving.  It certainly shouldn't preclude you from procreating.

So following your logic the fanatics that should really be upset are WKU.  Left there to come to USF, took recruits, coaches, etc.

I've resigned from several employers and taken and tried to take the best people.  Guess I fall in the same boat as CWT. 

Go Bulls!