• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Taggart SBNation Comment on USF

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  147

4 minutes ago, Bausfkid said:

So following your logic the fanatics that should really be upset are WKU.  Left there to come to USF, took recruits, coaches, etc.

I've resigned from several employers and taken and tried to take the best people.  Guess I fall in the same boat as CWT. 

Go Bulls!

jerrymaguire_whoscomingwithme.jpg?w=640

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

5 minutes ago, Bausfkid said:

So following your logic the fanatics that should really be upset are WKU.  Left there to come to USF, took recruits, coaches, etc.

I've resigned from several employers and taken and tried to take the best people.  Guess I fall in the same boat as CWT. 

Go Bulls!

I doubt they were happy about it, it’s possible for more than one group to be upset with someone. If you were below average in every measurable for your profession, made excuses for any obstacles you faced, always left at the first opportunity anytime you got to your first success and took pot shots at the people that helped you advance in your career then yes you are in CWT’s boat but I think he prefers to drive a bus. xCWT did some great things here but he is also the holder of the worst season, the only FCS loss (which happens to be the biggest in FBS history), the only coach we have had that never won a bowl etc. Thinking these things balance with one good season in the AAC doesn’t make someone an unreasonable hater, it makes them a reasonable realist. Playing the same teams year in and year out when they have film and start scheming for you is a different animal than jumping ship the first time you have success after changing your offensive scheme. Time will tell how it works out for xCWT but I will be no more grateful for him than he is for us and I will be no less sour of our time together than he is.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

:popcorn:

16 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I doubt they were happy about it, it’s possible for more than one group to be upset with someone. If you were below average in every measurable for your profession, made excuses for any obstacles you faced, always left at the first opportunity anytime you got to your first success and took pot shots at the people that helped you advance in your career then yes you are in CWT’s boat but I think he prefers to drive a bus. xCWT did some great things here but he is also the holder of the worst season, the only FCS loss (which happens to be the biggest in FBS history), the only coach we have had that never won a bowl etc. Thinking these things balance with one good season in the AAC doesn’t make someone an unreasonable hater, it makes them a reasonable realist. Playing the same teams year in and year out when they have film and start scheming for you is a different animal than jumping ship the first time you have success after changing your offensive scheme. Time will tell how it works out for xCWT but I will be no more grateful for him than he is for us and I will be no less sour of our time together than he is.

so...... not a fan of CWT then?

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Out of curiosity, when we start ******** about Holtz again, does that stay here on the main USF board, too?

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, MikeG said:

so...... not a fan of CWT then?

I was not a fan of the hire, anymore than I was of the the CSH hire ( I thought both were average and beneath us). The first 2.5 years of CWT were completely miserable and contributed as much to our hemorrhaging of fans as CSH did. Thank g-d for all of our sakes (especially his) CWT did a complete 180 on his offensive philosophy and went with something that had a hope of working given the talent we can recruit. CWT then started to be successful and I started to like him, I was not happy to see him go but I was happy with the CCS hire. So CWT started out with the worst 2.5 years in our programs history but then ended with 1.5 years of successful football ( even if it was aac football) so at best it balances out much like his career tangibles. All he has to do is say nice things or not say anything at all.

Edited by puc86
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Out of curiosity, when we start ******** about Holtz again, does that stay here on the main USF board, too?

Has Holtz said anything about our program one time since we tossed him on his ear? I may not have cared for him one bit while he was here but he has at least exhibited class in that regard. I would have probably made a joke or two when we went 2-10 after he was tossed but I don’t think he did, kudos.

3 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Has Holtz said anything about our program one time since we tossed him on his ear? I may not have cared for him one bit while he was here but he has at least exhibited class in that regard. I would have probably made a joke or two when we went 2-10 after he was tossed but I don’t think he did, kudos.

It would be cool if every time someone mentioned CSH by name in any conversation that everyone in earshot suddenly just spit on the ground.

1 minute ago, MikeG said:

It would be cool if every time someone mentioned CSH by name in any conversation that everyone in earshot suddenly just spit on the ground.

Bonus points if you make an “s” sound while doing it.