• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Taggart SBNation Comment on USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

10 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

A 5th ranked team should NEVER lose to a G6 school that just became division I. That is hands down the worse loss ever. My point is things happen and every dog has his day. 

It’s definitely the largest loss of all time 32 is the most points an FBS team has ever lost to an FCS team by, and we were 21 point favorites. It’s not a debatable opinion it’s an easily proven fact.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  2,019
  • Days Won:  2

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

It’s definitely the largest loss of all time 32 is the most points an FBS team has ever lost to an FCS team by, and we were 21 point favorites. It’s not a debatable opinion it’s an easily proven fact.

Michigan was the first ever top 5 program to completely fall from the rankings badger 1 loss.

"Immediately hailed as one of the greatest upsets in college football history, the game served as the lead story of SportsCenter and was the cover story for the following week's edition of Sports Illustrated. Appalachian State became the second FCS team to defeat a ranked FBS team,[6] and as a result of the game Michigan dropped out of the top 25 of the AP Poll entirely, marking the first time a team had fallen from the top five to out of the poll entirely as the result of a single game. In the aftermath of the game, the Associated Press amended their polling policy to make FCS teams eligible for the AP Poll, which had previously been limited to FBS teams."

1 minute ago, gibbsak said:

Michigan was the first ever top 5 program to completely fall from the rankings badger 1 loss.

"Immediately hailed as one of the greatest upsets in college football history, the game served as the lead story of SportsCenter and was the cover story for the following week's edition of Sports Illustrated. Appalachian State became the second FCS team to defeat a ranked FBS team,[6] and as a result of the game Michigan dropped out of the top 25 of the AP Poll entirely, marking the first time a team had fallen from the top five to out of the poll entirely as the result of a single game. In the aftermath of the game, the Associated Press amended their polling policy to make FCS teams eligible for the AP Poll, which had previously been limited to FBS teams."

My statement is quantitative this is qualitative, 32>2, because why? Because math. 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

26 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

A 5th ranked team should NEVER lose to a G6 school that just became division I. That is hands down the worse loss ever. My point is things happen and every dog has his day. 

And Michigan probably wasn't the 5th best team in the country.

• Upvote 1

And lets play a fun game of pretend these things are somehow comparable. Do you know who coached Michigan that day? Lloyd Carr. Do you know where he went on to coach following that season and 39 years of coaching? If you guessed nowhere, ever again you would be correct. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, puc86 said:

The largest loss at the time, anyway. Portland State (FCS) beat North Texas (FBS) 66-7 in 2015..and the one touchdown from North Texas came in the final minute of the game when Portland State had their 2nd string defense in.

I believe Chris Cosh was DC for North Texas at the time too...

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

11 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

The largest loss at the time, anyway. Portland State (FCS) beat North Texas (FBS) 66-7 in 2015..and the one touchdown from North Texas came in the final minute of the game when Portland State had their 2nd string defense in.

Forget it, he's rolling

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

I stand corrected someone some how was able to finally eclipse CWT’s impressive accomplishment a couple of years later. Interestingly the coach was fired immediately following the game.

2 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

Forget it, he's rolling

I had conceded earlier that I simply wasn’t aware if anyone had managed to beat CWT to the bottom any years later. That it took this long for anyone to point and was north Texas, I am sure I can be forgiven for not finding it. Rest assured however when CWT managed to get blown out by 32 it was the worst anyone had done to that point. 

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

4 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I stand corrected someone some how was able to finally eclipse CWT’s impressive accomplishment a couple of years later. Interestingly the coach was fired immediately following the game.

Yep. I thought Cosh went too, but it isn't mentioned in the article, however, our game vs. McNeese was...

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2015/10/10/9494755/portland-state-vikings-football-washington-state-north-texas-fcs-win-records