• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Taggart SBNation Comment on USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  2,354
  • Days Won:  4

1 hour ago, puc86 said:

I don’t hate him at all. I just don’t think he is a mediocre coach because he has a mediocre record and has yet to win a bowl game. I also do not buy into the idea that I should cheer for his success at FSU because that’s absurd and I do not appreciate him taking pot shots at us for accomplishing things he has yet to do in life when we provided him with the opportunity to have his only objectively season on his resume that he has amazingly parlayed into two pretty great gigs. When asked about his time here just say something about how grateful you are for the time you spent and you wish us all the success in the world and you only regret that you weren’t able to continue your success like you intend to at FSU.

No argument here

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

3 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Hard to expect a return on investment with that kind of investment.  

If I was speaking of my personal investment at FSU that should be the easiest return to provide, CWT may actually be able to deliver on that one. MikeG was waxing poetically on fans being unreasonable, well that’s part of being a fanatic and some people have expectations (right or wrong) for their investment. Kind of like how you and skingraft expected Harlan to be nice to you for your investment, other people care about winning and have expectations of it for theirs.

• Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  2,354

47 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Zero dollars aside from any money spent at the two games I went to when we played them there.

It was glorious.

I think you read this as fsu, no?

Edit: never mind I didn't see your last post

Edited by ForestBull

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

58 minutes ago, puc86 said:

You didn’t think any part of last year’s failure at FSU had anything to do with losing their starting qb early on? 

I don't think a quality team with a 4 star QB in his 6th start would lose to (7-6) Boston College 35-3(gaining 64 yards on 29 carries) or squeak out a 3 point win over (4-8)Syracuse in his 7th start. Sorry but their problems ran deeper than losing their QB .

2 minutes ago, ForestBull said:

I think you read this as fsu, no?

Edit: never mind I didn't see your last post

Oh you are right I misread it completely, I thought he was asking about why I would expect a return on investment at FSU. Which of course I do not and don’t care if they are successful. As for my contributions to USF I am sure @CousinRicky has far out contributed me. Although between the tuition, fees, tickets, associations, travel, gear, license plates, opportunity costs etc I’m sure it’s more than I would care to figure out but no I’m not an Iron Bull like he is.

2 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

I don't think a quality team with a 4 star QB in his 6th start would lose to (7-6) Boston College 35-3(gaining 64 yards on 29 carries) or squeak out a 3 point win over (4-8)Syracuse in his 7th start. Sorry but their problems ran deeper than losing their QB .

I’m not familiar enough to be so sure but I would think that having the guy that won the starting job over that other guy two years in a row back at QB should be worth an extra game in the wins column at the very least. 

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,569
  • Days Won:  28

FSU's team is just not as good as they thought. I mean they lost to an unranked Boston college 35-5 last year,so why is everybody so shocked at the loss to a ranked VT? I think his offensive players needed that reality check and should be fine the rest of the year. Im not impressed with Francois. 

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

5 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

I thought the same thing watching the game.  There just happened to be guys who went down after big plays and FSU was obviously going to try to tempo quite a few times through out the game.   None of them stayed out longer than a play.  In fact it triggered a big debate in a group text with some of my friends, one of which played college ball and agreed this is what was going on.  It was pretty obvious IMO.....   This isn't outlandish at all as many teams have used this tactic since the proliferation no huddle tempo base offenses.  

Edited by Bull Dozer

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  172

I don't know-- that game did not seem like some super huge failure other than pointing out to the people who do the poll rankings how out of touch with reality they are every single season. Didn't FSU have a couple of drives that ended in the red zone via turnovers and penalties etc? If anything, they hung fairly tough with a team that was much better prepared to win that game. One could point to coaching-- and I admit (not having seen anything other than highlights) it is entirely possible that CWT was out coached. Given that he is just starting out -- is it unreasonable to expect a win right out of the gate against a tough opponent? The money they spent did not suddenly change their talent level or heal their injuries (last I checked Francios (sp) has two bad knees and a wounded shoulder- mostly from last year when his line was abysmal).

Not making excuses for THEIR team or their coach. The outcome of the game honestly doesn't surprise me or matter to me in general. FSU is not my team. But I moved on from xCWT last year and no longer think what he does going forward impacts USF.

If the main reason some are getting all up his grill is based on some of those stupid comments he made-- I got the impression they were taken out of context or possibly just  a shot against USF in general based on his own experience and also what CJL conveyed to him.

Regardless-- I will stand my ground on the whole "fantatic" fan nonsense and simply plead for you to try to enjoy the games instead of making them so apparently upsetting. Feel free to hate on CWT-- i just think it is overboard and a waste of effort. It will not change anything for USF.