• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I am sure one of them pissed him off with a suggestion or change. I really have no idea how he got so far professionally with such thin skin while pissing people off along the way.  

I haven't yet unfollowed him on twitter so I keep getting daily summary emails. He seems much more engaged at Utah.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,640
  • Days Won:  424

I will add this: Harlan ticked off big donors early in his tenure for a reason I’ll leave undisclosed. The real problem is a very, very small group of wealthy @USFAthletics Suggestion: Knock on big business doors locally.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,640
  • Days Won:  424

14 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I am sure one of them pissed him off with a suggestion or change. I really have no idea how he got so far professionally with such thin skin while pissing people off along the way.  

Most always 3 sides to every story. Maybe the same could be said for whoever he pissed off .... regardless, looks like he wasn't a good fit here. He's better off now and hopefully USF will be too.

One thing I give him props for is getting rid of the ******** grandfathered seating arrangements in football and basketball.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

This just in:

New AD Harlan has arrived at Utah

June 10, 2018 Associated Press 

(excerpts)

"...(Harlan) says he loves the weather, it reminds him of LA...."

"...among those pissed off by Harlan en route to Utah: one Uber driver, sky cap, ticket counter representative, attendant at "in-Flight to GO!", gate attendant, two flight attendants, one co-pilot,  one pilot (mildly upset), person sitting to his left, entire row in front of him, gentleman in adjoining stall, baggage claim assistant, National Car Rental shuttle driver and his own wife."

"...he (Harlan) meets the top two donors on Monday"

Link

• Like 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,704
  • Days Won:  108

40 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Most always 3 sides to every story. Maybe the same could be said for whoever he pissed off .... regardless, looks like he wasn't a good fit here. He's better off now and hopefully USF will be too.

One thing I give him props for is getting rid of the ******** grandfathered seating arrangements in football and basketball.

Yet that pi$$d off a lot of people.  And, instead of doing it like was done at Penn State, where a former Bulls Club employee had faced the same issue, he did it in like 4 months here.  So there was no time to soft serve it to people.  Just ram it down their throats. His way or the highway.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

1 hour ago, Brad said:

This just in:

New AD Harlan has arrived at Utah

June 10, 2018 Associated Press 

(excerpts)

"...(Harlan) says he loves the weather, it reminds him of LA...."

"...among those pissed off by Harlan en route to Utah: one Uber driver, sky cap, ticket counter representative, attendant at "in-Flight to GO!", gate attendant, two flight attendants, one co-pilot,  one pilot (mildly upset), person sitting to his left, entire row in front of him, gentleman in adjoining stall, baggage claim assistant, National Car Rental shuttle driver and his own wife."

"...he (Harlan) meets the top two donors on Monday"

Link

Huh?

At first, I'm like :wtf:

Then I get it and I'm like :roflmao:

:thumbsup:

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  213
  • Days Won:  1

On 6/12/2018 at 10:13 AM, JTrue said:

Administered staff meetings?!? Move over Jurich.

****...I just did that yesterday. So yes, I accept the USF AD job. Thank you for asking

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,266
  • Days Won:  255

20 hours ago, Bourbon Bull said:

Yet that pi$$d off a lot of people.  And, instead of doing it like was done at Penn State, where a former Bulls Club employee had faced the same issue, he did it in like 4 months here.  So there was no time to soft serve it to people.  Just ram it down their throats. His way or the highway.

So how long is the proper time to soft serve people that think it’s their birthright to pay pennies on the dollar for their premium tickets? They felt it was their entitlement I don’t know that they could have been convinced no matter how they were slow boiled that they should pay actual money to watch USF football.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,704
  • Days Won:  108

39 minutes ago, puc86 said:

So how long is the proper time to soft serve people that think it’s their birthright to pay pennies on the dollar for their premium tickets? They felt it was their entitlement I don’t know that they could have been convinced no matter how they were slow boiled that they should pay actual money to watch USF football.

Obviously more than 3 or 4 months.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,266
  • Days Won:  255

Just now, Bourbon Bull said:

Obviously more than 3 or 4 months.

But why? It ends the same, why is it worse to rip off the bandaid quickly and decisively?