• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,703
  • Days Won:  108

2 hours ago, puc86 said:

How do you recoup a donation? Sell your PSU vs Ohio State Ticket

Are all of those freeloaders still season ticket holders?  Probably none of them, they had no interest in supporting the university just an interest in feeling they got one over on everyone else. There were plenty of seats at their price point thru out the stadium but if it wasn’t dead center on the 50 yard line they didn’t have an interest in it.

And a general question, has the policy change increased donations or season ticket purchases? For the seats that were reclaimed absolutely. And most importantly you don’t have to explain to anyone why they are paying 10x their neighbor for no reason whatsoever. There is a reason why no one has kept this relic of a system, it’s bad business and it had to go at some point the sooner the better.  I don't know the answer to these two.

If you sell your tickets to the big game how are you a fan? You could do the same for a game v FSU at Ray Jay.

So what good did we do changing the system if we have less season ticket holders?

Have overall donations gone up because of the policy change?  IIRC you had to be an Iron Bull or close to that to sit at the 50. Now, instead of a $10,000 donation you pay $400 per seat to sit there.  Not sure how that works out in the long run.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,266
  • Days Won:  255

26 minutes ago, Bourbon Bull said:

If you sell your tickets to the big game how are you a fan? You could do the same for a game v FSU at Ray Jay.

So what good did we do changing the system if we have less season ticket holders?

Have overall donations gone up because of the policy change?  IIRC you had to be an Iron Bull or close to that to sit at the 50. Now, instead of a $10,000 donation you pay $400 per seat to sit there.  Not sure how that works out in the long run.

You are a fan getting better seats than they can afford. You could try that for the FSU game with us but since it wasn’t even a sellout I don’t know how well it works out for you in recouping all of your expenses that being said I don’t know that going to 6 out of 7 games would make someone not a fan. I feel we are discussing something entirely different, I am concerned with the grandfathered people that weren’t paying anywhere near $10k in tickets or donations. They paid for the seats they sat in and they didnt pay a dime more because that’s what they alway did. Harlan’s policy removed them and that in and of itself is a good.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,636
  • Days Won:  424

31 minutes ago, Bourbon Bull said:

IIRC you had to be an Iron Bull or close to that to sit at the 50. Now, instead of a $10,000 donation you pay $400 per seat to sit there.

At some later point you had to be an Iron Bull to get there but originally there were people not paying IB money that had those seats ... and I think some lower contribution level areas had same problem .... and that had continued under the grandfathering. That's what drove the whole change to begin with ....................... if I have my facts straight.

2 hours ago, gmanbull93 said:

The ticket price/donation will always be a tough pill to swallow for USF...for those of us in the West Club we are paying over $80 a ticket and any schmoe can get a $10 ticket and sit in one of the many empty seats. They may or may not sneak their way into the club, but it does irk me a bit that there is nobody checking tickets in the 200 level

We're in 214 and I'd say the tickets are checked 90% of the time to head into the Club. If you think it's a real problem where you are, I'd contact someone when it gets closer to the season to see if maybe that will help. My gripe is that the ushers need to be trained like the Amalie ones and not allow anyone to walk down while a play is going on.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

18 minutes ago, Triple B said:

At some later point you had to be an Iron Bull to get there but originally there were people not paying IB money that had those seats ... and I think some lower contribution level areas had same problem .... and that had continued under the grandfathering. That's what drove the whole change to begin with ....................... if I have my facts straight.

How much  is an Iron Bull donation? 

1 hour ago, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

I wonder what Bourbon Bull is doing to celebrate National Bourbon Day?

Was it really?  We had one of the grand kids today so totally missed it.  I'm ashamed. Had my normal amount but could have done something nicer to celebrate.

2 hours ago, puc86 said:

You are a fan getting better seats than they can afford. You could try that for the FSU game with us but since it wasn’t even a sellout I don’t know how well it works out for you in recouping all of your expenses that being said I don’t know that going to 6 out of 7 games would make someone not a fan. I feel we are discussing something entirely different, I am concerned with the grandfathered people that weren’t paying anywhere near $10k in tickets or donations. They paid for the seats they sat in and they didnt pay a dime more because that’s what they alway did. Harlan’s policy removed them and that in and of itself is a good.

So now someone pays $400 to sit there.  Maybe that's a bit more or less than the grandfathered people.  I wasn't one of them so have no clue. The other thing that this seating change did was get people off the TV side of the stadium.  

2 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

How much  is an Iron Bull donation? 

Minimum is $10k.  Then there are different designations within IB at $25k and $50k.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, puc86 said:

1 hour ago, Bourbon Bull said:

So now someone pays $400 to sit there.  Maybe that's a bit more or less than the grandfathered people.  I wasn't one of them so have no clue. The other thing that this seating change did was get people off the TV side of the stadium.  

Now someone pays $820/ticket to sit in that highest level. The last year of the grandfathering, 2014, those seats were $294/ticket plus whatever donation level they were grandfathered in at. The following year it jumped to $650, which included the donation. Someone with 4 tix and grandfathered in at the $1000 level would have shelled out $2176 in 2014. In 2015, same seats would have jumped to $2600. 8 tix, $3352 in 2014, $5200 in 2015.

If somebody really had a problem with the $400 jump for 4 tix in 2015, they could have moved one section over and gotten 4 tix for $1600 total. Bottom line is that there really wasn't a legit ***** for the grandfathereds. They had a helluva deal, relative to a lot of those sitting around them, for a good number of years.

And weeding out the cheapos also probably opened up some prime seats for IB's that they should have been in in the first place.