• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,706
  • Days Won:  108

Just now, puc86 said:

But why? It ends the same, why is it worse to rip off the bandaid quickly and decisively?

We can argue this but I don't see the sense.  Penn State rolled it out over a year and half.  The same guy involved there was here and said it would have been better to have more time.  I'm going with him. Everyone can believe what they like.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

If you think your USF ticket is worth x amount based on your seniority, I don't see how/why you're going to change your mind just because you get to buy your cheap seats for one season longer.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,266
  • Days Won:  255

Just now, Bourbon Bull said:

We can argue this but I don't see the sense.  Penn State rolled it out over a year and half.  The same guy involved there was here and said it would have been better to have more time.  I'm going with him. Everyone can believe what they like.

You don’t believe there is any difference between these examples? PSU tickets have an intrinsic value that people may be willing to pay the difference knowing they can recoup some, all or more than their payment via the market and maybe a year and a half gets them comfortable with the jump. USF tickets have zero market value either dropping the money they cost or you aren’t but if you want to recoup anything you aren’t getting your money back. Our freeloaders weren’t transitioning to full paying customers at the current market prices for their premium seats no matter how many years we would have wasted continuing to sell them on the idea at a discount.

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, puc86 said:

You don’t believe there is any difference between these examples? PSU tickets have an intrinsic value that people may be willing to pay the difference knowing they can recoup some, all or more than their payment via the market and maybe a year and a half gets them comfortable with the jump. USF tickets have zero market value either dropping the money they cost or you aren’t but if you want to recoup anything you aren’t getting your money back. Our freeloaders weren’t transitioning to full paying customers at the current market prices for their premium seats no matter how many years we would have wasted continuing to sell them on the idea at a discount.

Okay you win. 

Just now, Bourbon Bull said:

Okay you win. 

Thanks 

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  3,497
  • Days Won:  9

23 hours ago, Bourbon Bull said:

Yet that pi$$d off a lot of people.  And, instead of doing it like was done at Penn State, where a former Bulls Club employee had faced the same issue, he did it in like 4 months here.  So there was no time to soft serve it to people.  Just ram it down their throats. His way or the highway.

I definately not a Harlan fan, but IMO he did it the best way for the situation here at USF.   It should have been done long before MH arrived here.  How much experience  making such decisions does DH really have?

2 hours ago, puc86 said:

You still win because that seems to be important but just a question or two. 

How do you recoup a donation?

Are all of those freeloaders still season ticket holders?  

And a general question, has the policy change increased donations or season ticket purchases?  I don't know the answer to these two.

4 minutes ago, Bourbon Bull said:

You still win because that seems to be important but just a question or two. 

How do you recoup a donation?

Are all of those freeloaders still season ticket holders?  

And a general question, has the policy change increased donations or season ticket purchases?  I don't know the answer to these two.

How do you recoup a donation? Sell your PSU vs Ohio State Ticket

Are all of those freeloaders still season ticket holders?  Probably none of them, they had no interest in supporting the university just an interest in feeling they got one over on everyone else. There were plenty of seats at their price point thru out the stadium but if it wasn’t dead center on the 50 yard line they didn’t have an interest in it.

And a general question, has the policy change increased donations or season ticket purchases? For the seats that were reclaimed absolutely. And most importantly you don’t have to explain to anyone why they are paying 10x their neighbor for no reason whatsoever. There is a reason why no one has kept this relic of a system, it’s bad business and it had to go at some point the sooner the better.  I don't know the answer to these two.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  213
  • Days Won:  1

The ticket price/donation will always be a tough pill to swallow for USF...for those of us in the West Club we are paying over $80 a ticket and any schmoe can get a $10 ticket and sit in one of the many empty seats. They may or may not sneak their way into the club, but it does irk me a bit that there is nobody checking tickets in the 200 level

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  3,497
  • Days Won:  9

54 minutes ago, gmanbull93 said:

The ticket price/donation will always be a tough pill to swallow for USF...for those of us in the West Club we are paying over $80 a ticket and any schmoe can get a $10 ticket and sit in one of the many empty seats. They may or may not sneak their way into the club, but it does irk me a bit that there is nobody checking tickets in the 200 level

You could buy the $10 tickets and do the same since nobody is checking, or do like another Bullspenner/pest control agent wannabe, and buy from scalpers in the parking lot