• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

I'm on the Brooks and Jurich train. Jurich needs to rehab his image. He does a fantastic job helping AD Brooks learn the ropes, and Jurich books out for more lucrative pastures after a few seasons. As long as I'm dreaming, my speculation is as good as anyone else's on here.

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,688
  • Days Won:  108

7 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Now that's interesting. 

13 minutes ago, Bourbon Bull said:

Now that's interesting. 

Interestingly bad....

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,607
  • Days Won:  424

23 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Interestingly bad....

Bad?? Are you kidding me? The karma there is overwhelming ..... if not Jurich, make this happen .... unless there's another candidate out there that has had success dealing with an alumni base like USF's, in an area like Tampa Bay.

11 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Bad?? Are you kidding me? The karma there is overwhelming ..... if not Jurich, make this happen .... unless there's another candidate out there that has had success dealing with an alumni base like USF's, in an area like Tampa Bay.

I need to hear more about him. Being related to the greatest man in USF history is not enough for me. In all honesty I have never heard his name mentioned once in the media or on this board in any capacity. Hell, I did not even know he worked at USF. Has he had success dealing with alumni? Again, I think this would be a hire based on a name. Now, if people can tell me the amazing job he has done and has done incredible things then I will change my mind...but I just don’t see it here...looks like a save $ move and a gimmick by name association. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I look at FAU and Kifflin. FAU swung for the fences and it's best thing that's ever happened to them. Even if Lane hauls ass tomorrow, they don't have a single regret.

2 minutes ago, JTrue said:

I look at FAU and Kifflin. FAU swung for the fences and it's best thing that's ever happened to them. Even if Lane hauls ass tomorrow, they don't have a single regret.

This...can we for ONCE take a chance in our athletic department??? We don’t need a pastor we need a mover and a shaker.

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

17 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I seem to remember someone's son not working out well for us even though he had the previous chops and the name to go with it... Karma goes both ways.

Edited by JTrue
  • Haha 1

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  3,497
  • Days Won:  9

4 hours ago, BulledOver said:

Interesting concept the 2 person AD job. Football is pretty much a full-time promotional/administration job especially when you have a university that is striving(hopefully) for a practice facility and an OCS and, (hopefully again) a jump into a P5 conf. You need a football guy. Brooks has a pot full of attributes he brings in but of course he doesn't possess the admin experience. He would make a great front man for our program. He and CCS seem to be on good footing. I'm sure he "gets it". Interesting thought. I'm sure countless doors would be open to him. I think its going to take someone who views the above noted items as extremely important for USF and the Tampa Bay community. Sometimes I think football(sports) is not prioritized as much as it should be at USF. As for Derrick Brooks. tough to know how much time he actually spends in Tampa anymore maybe you local guys know?? About 2 weeks ago we were at a Pensacola Blue Wahoos(Reds minor team) game where it was announced that Derrick Brooks was now one of the team owners. He walks on water in this area.   Lastly, as we always say: Go Bull's!

There can only be one big cheese, with associate and assistant cheeses.