• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Gotta love CFU

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

16 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Yep. The Foo Fighters are basically Nirvana but with people I don’t know replacing Kurt Cobain and Krist Novoselic.

You know I don’t support your position but I got to tell you, I support your consistency of position. There is no BS in your enthusiasm for what you are thinking. I just hope you are prepared for at least a six year wait before the books are opened again for a chance to move to another conference. 

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

1 hour ago, bullsfan1983 said:

So “common sense”. Like I figured. So Missouri playing in the SEC and having a weaker schedule than UCF in Sagarin doesn’t matter because of common sense?

and Bama, Auburn, and Georgia's schedules were ranked higher.  What's your point? 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

2 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

You know I don’t support your position but I got to tell you, I support your consistency of position. There is no BS in your enthusiasm for what you are thinking. I just hope you are prepared for at least a six year wait before the books are opened again for a chance to move to another conference. 

Thanks. I think. I don’t know if I am quite as passionate or consistent as I play on the internet. I know I am not pumped about this conference or some of the directions our program has taken. I also don’t understand the UCF love fest or the what’s good for the conference mentality so I am mostly just reacting to that. I believe what’s bad for UCF is good for USF and I have little interest in conference empowerment as the American Idol B12 edition demonstrated its every man for himself and everyone wants out.

As long as fandom is based on the conference we're in and the quality of our opponents, we're probably stuck where we are.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,570
  • Days Won:  423

51 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

As long as fandom is based on the conference we're in and the quality of our opponents, we're probably stuck where we are.

It's kind of a Catch-22 situation. We're probably stuck where we are as long as the conference we're in and the quality of our opponents is based on our fandom ...

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

16 hours ago, Brad said:

It's not taken seriously?

But ucf’s silly national champs claim is taken seriously?  

Edited by ArmyBull

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  839
  • Days Won:  0

15 hours ago, chapelbull said:

and Bama, Auburn, and Georgia's schedules were ranked higher.  What's your point? 

Yeah playing in the SEC championship and/or playoff/peach bowl did bump their ranking up but still 11 of the 14 teams in the SEC (including Alabama) has sechedules ranked outside the top 35. There are 13 other teams in the SEC and they play 8 conference games so there is no guarantee of a tough schedule in a year where only 5 teams are any good. My point seemed pretty obvious, but I’ll explain further. Some teams that played “SEC schedules” had worse strength of schedules than UCF. They didn’t go undefeated. SEC east was the 9th toughest division in football. Followed (narrowly) by the AAC West. 2 of the 3 teams you mentioned (plus Arkansas) are the only SEC teams that played very difficult schedules. This isn’t a typical year. Florida, Tennessee, and Arkansas were all looking for coaches. Vandy sucked. Missouri, TAMU, and Kentucky got fat on weak OoC schedules to barely get bowl eligible. Outside of the 3 you mention, the SEC was nothing special. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bullsfan1983 said:

Yeah playing in the SEC championship and/or playoff/peach bowl did bump their ranking up but still 11 of the 14 teams in the SEC (including Alabama) has sechedules ranked outside the top 35. There are 13 other teams in the SEC and they play 8 conference games so there is no guarantee of a tough schedule in a year where only 5 teams are any good. My point seemed pretty obvious, but I’ll explain further. Some teams that played “SEC schedules” had worse strength of schedules than UCF. They didn’t go undefeated. SEC east was the 9th toughest division in football. Followed (narrowly) by the AAC West. 2 of the 3 teams you mentioned (plus Arkansas) are the only SEC teams that played very difficult schedules. This isn’t a typical year. Florida, Tennessee, and Arkansas were all looking for coaches. Vandy sucked. Missouri, TAMU, and Kentucky got fat on weak OoC schedules to barely get bowl eligible. Outside of the 3 you mention, the SEC was nothing special. 

From what I can gather, according to the Sagarin schedule rankings UCF was 73 and every SEC team was ranked higher than that.  Either way, the AAC is loaded with power houses like ECU, Tulane, UConn, UCinn, Tulsa.   SEC?  Those guys are cupcakes ..... 

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

4 hours ago, chapelbull said:

From what I can gather, according to the Sagarin schedule rankings UCF was 73 and every SEC team was ranked higher than that.  Either way, the AAC is loaded with power houses like ECU, Tulane, UConn, UCinn, Tulsa.   SEC?  Those guys are cupcakes ..... 

And the SEC is stacked with the likes of:

Kentucky, Missouri, Florida, Vandy, TN, Texas A & M, Old Miss and Ark.  All of whom would not have won the AAC and only two had .500+ records (barely). 

The SEC is very good at the top, but has lots of small fish to feed on throughout the year.  Yeah, yeah, I know it was a "down year" for the SEC or perhaps they just weren't "motivated". Just ask Paul Finebaum Saban

Go Bulls!

1 minute ago, Bausfkid said:

And the SEC is stacked with the likes of:

Kentucky, Missouri, Florida, Vandy, TN, Texas A & M, Old Miss and Ark.  All of whom would not have won the AAC and only two had .500+ records (barely). 

The SEC is very good at the top, but has lots of small fish to feed on throughout the year.  Yeah, yeah, I know it was a "down year" for the SEC or perhaps they just weren't "motivated". Just ask Paul Finebaum Saban

Go Bulls!

Lol, every one of those teams finishes in the top half of the AAC.  Maybe even top 3 

• Downvote 1