• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Gotta love CFU

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

6 minutes ago, ArmyBull said:

But their body of work was deemed unimpressive by the “powers that be” Memphis should have been ranked higher, we should have been ranked higher, etc...  Thier body of work was unimpressive because those in power downgraded the whole AAC.  Everyone can feel how they want about ucfs silly National title claim, but they have been setting the narrative instead of having it set for them.  Thier fight benefits us as current members of the G5 (another narrative that is now accepted).  Not all the pub they are getting is negative, not by a long shot.  We are three weeks removed from the National Championship game and people are still talking about it.  From a marketing standpoint, it has been impressive. 

Their body of work was very impressive and the AAC was very underrated, but you're dreaming if you think it was better than 126 other teams and deserved a spot in the top 4.

• Topic Count:  603
  • Content Count:  16,389
  • Days Won:  43

3 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Their body of work was very impressive and the AAC was very underrated, but you're dreaming if you think it was better than 126 other teams and deserved a spot in the top 4.

Go ahead and list 126 teams that deserved a shot over UCF. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

11 minutes ago, JTrue said:

...... I never said that.  

30 minutes ago, Bull Daly said:

I'd ask if you're serious about not knowing how the CFP works, but I'd guess that's a 50/50 prop, at best.

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

37 minutes ago, Bull Daly said:

I got 7. The four who went, plus Ohio State, Wisconsin, and Penn State. Sorry, the Big Ten is a tougher conference. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BrassBulls12 said:

I got 7. The four who went, plus Ohio State, Wisconsin, and Penn State. Sorry, the Big Ten is a tougher conference. 

Do you believe that Ucf, Memphis, or us would have no shot at beating Ohio State, Wisconsin or Penn State?  I think all three of the top AAC teams could beat them.  So while get what you are saying, the winner of the AAC should have been in the conversation but it was not even close.

11 minutes ago, ArmyBull said:

Do you believe that Ucf, Memphis, or us would have no shot at beating Ohio State, Wisconsin or Penn State?  I think all three of the top AAC teams could beat them.  So while get what you are saying, the winner of the AAC should have been in the conversation but it was not even close.

I absolutely believe the top AAC teams could beat the top teams from other conferences, but it still doesn't mean the AAC was anything better than the 6th best conference last year. Is winning the 6th best conference and beating FIU, Austin Peay, and Maryland what you'd consider to be championship material?

7 minutes ago, JTrue said:

I absolutely believe the top AAC teams could beat the top teams from other conferences, but it still doesn't mean the AAC was anything better than the 6th best conference last year. Is winning the 6th best conference and beating FIU, Austin Peay, and Maryland what you'd consider to be championship material?

I am not even talking about Ucf.  The point is that if our conference was not extremely under valued we would be the 4th or 5th, maybe even the 3rd best conference. If our teams were ranked were they should be, Ucf would have been a “quality” loss.  Conference ranking is based on those same subjective perceptions that kept the AAC down, so what makes the AAC the 6th best conference, because we were told so?  

• Upvote 1

Just now, ArmyBull said:

Any given Saturday?  yes, but they are the better and more deserving teams. It has do with how bad the rest of the AAC is vs the rest of the Big Ten, nothing to do with Memphis, UCF, or us. Only five AAC teams had positive point differentials to end the season, nine teams in the big ten met that standard. The AAC was a whopping 5-28 against ranked opponents (.178%) this season, the big ten? 12-44 (.272%). 

My conclusion is that the teams in the Big Ten played more ranked opponents (by a lot) and won a much higher percentage of those games (almost 100 points). To me that means the bulk of the Big Ten is better than the bulk of the AAC, which is why those teams are more deserving. 

2 minutes ago, ArmyBull said:

If our teams were ranked were they should be, Ucf would have been a “quality” loss.

UCF was a Quality loss, Houston wasn't and we had no Quality win because there are only three Quality teams in the conference. We are one, we lost one, and didn't get a chance at the other.