• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Gotta love CFU

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

On 1/22/2018 at 7:38 PM, Brad said:

No, it's not.

My point was that both the championship claim and the P6 are made up things by the G5 (also a made up thing) so why is everyone raging about the made up championship claim but not the made up P6?  

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

I think we mostly laugh at the P6.  There are threads with articles attacking that marketing gimmick on the AAC board.  We are the next best conference, it just doesn't sound as good.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

43 minutes ago, Brad said:

I think we mostly laugh at the P6.  There are threads with articles attacking that marketing gimmick on the AAC board.  We are the next best conference, it just doesn't sound as good.

Don't go saying we're the 6th best conference. I said that in another thread and got dinged for it. There's a sleeper cell on here that doesn't approve.

Edited by JTrue
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

2 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Don't go saying we're the 6th best conference. I said that in another thread and got dinged for it. There's a sleeper cell on here that doesn't approve.

Be careful or they'll ding your "reputation"

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,253
  • Days Won:  255

4 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

Be careful or they'll ding your "reputation"

Yep if you say anything against the groupspeak regarding the aac or ucf’s fational championship you will get down voted into oblivion. Facts be damned we score on feelings and we don’t like inconvenient truths regarding where the aac and our ucf rivalry have steered our program. Down vote in 3,2,1.....

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

1) I think the UCF National Championship is idiotic, at best. It's one thing to bang your drum about how the G5 isn't getting any respect. I think we all agree with that. Whether UCF should have been in the top 4 is an entirely different question. I don't think they did based on their body of work minus the Auburn game, but that happened after the top 4 were selected. Did beating a top 10 Auburn team vault them to #1? That's a ridiculous claim.

2) The AAC is the 6th best conference. That's pretty concrete. Whether it's a P6 is open for debate. But it's still the 6th best conference.

3) I like our UCF rivalry. I said it a long time ago and I'll say it now. Having a team to hate that stirs up a little emotion is what college football is all about.

1 hour ago, Brad said:

I would go with “AAC, we aren’t the worst” I think it’s catchy.

3 minutes ago, JTrue said:

1) I think the UCF National Championship is idiotic, at best. It's one thing to bang your drum about how the G5 isn't getting any respect. I think we all agree with that. Whether UCF should have been in the top 4 is an entirely different question. I don't think they did based on their body of work minus the Auburn game, but that happened after the top 4 were selected. Did beating a top 10 Auburn team vault them to #1? That's a ridiculous claim.

2) The AAC is the 6th best conference. That's pretty concrete. Whether it's a P6 is open for debate. But it's still the 6th best conference.

3) I like our UCF rivalry. I said it a long time ago and I'll say it now. Having a team to hate that stirs up a little emotion is what college football is all about.

Is disgust an emotion? I liked what we had going with WVU and Louisville. UCF? Never cared. CJL was right to end it at 4-0, things went south when we decided to change most powerful men in the building. 

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

9 hours ago, BrassBulls12 said:

or Pro Bowl Champions. They do have the most athletes there from any college football team, who can argue that? 

Why? Are they giving the current players free tickets? :stirpot:

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

On 1/23/2018 at 10:19 PM, JTrue said:

But their body of work was deemed unimpressive by the “powers that be” Memphis should have been ranked higher, we should have been ranked higher, etc...  Thier body of work was unimpressive because those in power downgraded the whole AAC.  Everyone can feel how they want about ucfs silly National title claim, but they have been setting the narrative instead of having it set for them.  Thier fight benefits us as current members of the G5 (another narrative that is now accepted).  Not all the pub they are getting is negative, not by a long shot.  We are three weeks removed from the National Championship game and people are still talking about it.  From a marketing standpoint, it has been impressive. 

• Upvote 1