• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Gotta love CFU

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

5 minutes ago, puc86 said:

And conference respect so the P5 will welcome the AAC into the P6 with open arms even if it cost them hundreds of millions of dollars, because it’s the right thing to do. 

Of course, that goes without saying

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

15 minutes ago, puc86 said:

That was before we became a pair. AAC! AAC! AAC! One for all and all for one. When UCF beats us it’s actually good for us, probably the best thing for USF would be allowing everyone in the AAC to beat us so they can all be stronger and make us stronger by proxy. 

Well played puc86...well played

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

On 1/20/2018 at 11:53 AM, Brad said:

No.  Not really.  Just like K-State isn't better than UCLA.  On that given day, with nothing on the line, perhaps.

Improving this situation will require  bold realism.

Part of the problem is that many fans of G5 programs believe the P5 narrative you are championing.  I believe that these statements are all lazy conjecture.  They/we are not better than an Auburn type school because why?  We would lose lots of games if we played Auburn's schedule says who?  You have swallowed the P5 narrative hook, line, and sinker.     

Improving this situation requires bold stances, not what the P5 sells us as realism.   

Edited by ArmyBull
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

Why is there not outrage and embarrassment about the AAC claiming P6 status?  How dare we step out of the shadows of the mighty (and made up) P5?  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

5 minutes ago, ArmyBull said:

Why is there not outrage and embarrassment about the AAC claiming P6 status?  How dare we step out of the shadows of the mighty (and made up) P5?  

Because we are the 6th best conference. It’s not really a bold claim.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

2 minutes ago, ArmyBull said:

I think it mostly has to do with literally no one wanting to be in AAC, it’s hard to buy the conference is anything more than second rate when everyone is only in the conference because they have been left behind and would jump at any offer to get to the P5 promise land. I honestly can’t think of any conference mate that I respect or I am excited to play in any given season. Also the whole money difference, lack of access and national respect thing kind of makes it hard to buy into the AAC power anything argument (maybe a power death nail to our athletics).

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,003
  • Days Won:  469

17 minutes ago, ArmyBull said:

Part of the problem is that many fans of G5 programs believe the P5 narrative you are championing.  I believe that these statements are all lazy conjecture.  They/we are not better than an Auburn type school because why?  We would lose lots of games if we played Auburn's schedule says who?  You have swallowed the P5 narrative hook, line, and sinker.     

Improving this situation requires bold stances, not what the P5 sells us as realism.   

So you know both of those teams are P5, but UCLA had a draft-worthy starting QB that sat.  That's how important the bowl game was for UCLA or its QB.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,003
  • Days Won:  469

15 minutes ago, ArmyBull said:

It's not taken seriously?

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  839
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, chapelbull said:

It's based mostly on common sense, but we could look at the 3 SEC teams in the top 10 of Sagarin's rankings plus the 2 more just behind UCF's.   I appreciate the homerism and would love to see an 8 team playoff including at least 1 G5 school, but comparing an SEC schedule to the AAC is a little farfetched.

So “common sense”. Like I figured. So Missouri playing in the SEC and having a weaker schedule than UCF in Sagarin doesn’t matter because of common sense?

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,342
  • Days Won:  43

7 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I think it mostly has to do with literally no one wanting to be in AAC, it’s hard to buy the conference is anything more than second rate when everyone is only in the conference because they have been left behind and would jump at any offer to get to the P5 promise land. I honestly can’t think of any conference mate that I respect or I am excited to play in any given season. Also the whole money difference, lack of access and national respect thing kind of makes it hard to buy into the AAC power anything argument (maybe a power death nail to our athletics).

We can’t have your attitude about the AAC. What USF needs is to grow the fan base and we can’t be negative about where we are at. It has been a long time now since USF was part of the BCS club so now we must be over it. Time to enjoy USF no matter who we are playing. I could maybe buy into your attitude if USF would have already won some conference titles in football or men’s hoops. UConn, Cincy, and UCF have more of a reason to be upset with AAC than USF does imo.

• Upvote 1