• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What Texas Tech thinks of USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,683
  • Days Won:  8

14 hours ago, Gat-Rat Bull said:

I know it's just a fan board, but the arrogance (ignorance?) of those Texas Tech posts is laughable. One guy called them out with some props for USF, but most have the attitude that USF is just some small-time, directional, mid-major undeserving of any respect. (And please save the snark agreeing with those jerks.) At least now I have something to look forward to on game day... watching Q and team make TT look as ridiculous as their fans on that thread. 😄

A lot of other fan bases within Texas refer to Texas Tech as the tards. So not like they get much respect themselves. Every fan base thinks they are the bomb.

Edited by Gismo

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, Vinsanity8404 said:

#1 They can't see USF that way when we are 9-2 and they are 6-6. #2 Based on computer rankings, the AAC is closer to the Big 12 in strength than cusa is to us. #3 FIU is in a smaller conference, and also has a worse record. 

Did you read some of the posts? While your points may be correct, the perception of some of their fans is that we are nobody from a G5 conference. 

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,683
  • Days Won:  8

2 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

Did you read some of the posts? While your points may be correct, the perception of some of their fans is that we are nobody from a G5 conference. 

Guess that's why Big12 didn't expand.

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,343
  • Days Won:  5

Always coached my kids to respect their opponent. If not a asswhipping usually happens.  They will know Q. Flowers by the end of it all.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

5 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

That's the perception of some of our fans, too. 

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  2,343
  • Days Won:  0

Some seriously delusional fans in Lubbock. They are a perennial 6-6 team outside of the Leach era.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

We can only hope their football team has as much arrogance! lol

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

We are getting our mirror image in this bowl game  - a mediocre team from a lousy conference.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Gismo said:

A lot of other fan bases within Texas refer to Texas Tech as the tards. So not like they get much respect themselves. Every fan base thinks they are the bomb.

This is true. I took a look at the FIU blog when they hired Butch Davis, and they were referring to themselves as "sleeping giants", even though the reality is that they are in danger of losing their FBS status due to attendance. I wonder why they single out Texas Tech with the tard thing....

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  23
  • Days Won:  0

I thought I'd chime in to give you Bulls some perspective from an actual level headed Raider. Additionally, head to StakingthePlains.com or reddit.com/cfb/ to interact with Red Raiders who are closer to the mean of sensible fan bases.

From what I've gathered at those mentioned forums is that we:

-are thankful to be in any bowl game but we recognize this one does kinda stink

-that USF is going to be a challenge but we favor ourselves slightly because of bias

A number of us watched USF play their last game. What an epic game! We saw two dynamic teams play. There are a bunch of athletes on your team. Kinda wish you guys and Houston joined the Big 12.

I haven't dove down on the team stats yet, I'm waiting for Staking the Plains to do theirs, but I'm imaging stats wise our two teams will be closer than you think.

The past 17 years are divided in half, one being the Leach years and the other being post Leach years. Leach years we beat OU every other year, beat A&M 67% of the time, and had a top 5 offense most years with a middle of the road defense. 

Post Leach has been sad times, constantly rebuilding. One thing that never really changed was a great offense. This is the first year I can remember where it seems we don't score at will, but all years prior high scoring was the norm.  However the offense is probably better than most. Young oline, struggling run game, yet we have receivers that any team would want. The receivers are fantastic. I think you'll also find that there are two or three games we could have won if we had a kicker who could make a field goal.

The defense post Leach has been bottom of the barrel. Didn't help that we kept losing our defense coordinators year after year.  Something like 6-7 DC have come through in the past 8 years. The current one has reached a milestone bc he has been around our team going 3 years, it Houston's old coach. It's starting to show as we are no longer bottom of the barrel defense but middle of the pack maybe slightly less. Nonetheless the D has kept us in games. Lots of turnovers have been created this year. The defense is on the ups.

If we go by # of wins, USF has the advantage. If you go by quality wins Tech has the advantage. Yet I don't think either of us have any impressive wins. Maybe Tech winning on the road against UH, but I do realize UH was a different team. 

Edited by RaiderATX