• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What Texas Tech thinks of USF

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,566
  • Days Won:  423

5 minutes ago, JTrue said:

I don't see that happening at all. QF's skill set isn't measurables. He's fast and strong. Everyone knows that. What makes him worthy of drafting is what he does when the whistle blows. The more tape against competition, the better. Teams need to see him making plays. It would be shocking if a team takes him as just a QB, so they need to see as much of him as possible on the field doing real, live, football activities. He's not getting drafted because he goes out on some field and runs some sprints and throws to receivers in shorts. Likewise, putting him though some agility drills don't even remotely compare to seeing him carving up defenses with his legs in a game situation. You can't create a scenario for QF in a workout that even touches on what you're hoping to get from him if you draft him.

Got to be someone on an NFL staff somewhere that should be able to see the similarities ...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

1 minute ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

I don't get that sense about CCS at all.I get the sense he's happy winning every game by 3 points.

Usually I would agree with you, but not for this game.

TT beat TEXAS this year (as well as Houston). So, CCS would want to show that he can beat them decisively.

He doesn't have to worry about them running up the score on him in a down year, since they aren't on our future schedule.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

45 minutes ago, JTrue said:

I don't see that happening at all. QF's skill set isn't measurables. He's fast and strong. Everyone knows that. What makes him worthy of drafting is what he does when the whistle blows. The more tape against competition, the better. Teams need to see him making plays. It would be shocking if a team takes him as just a QB, so they need to see as much of him as possible on the field doing real, live, football activities. He's not getting drafted because he goes out on some field and runs some sprints and throws to receivers in shorts. Likewise, putting him though some agility drills don't even remotely compare to seeing him carving up defenses with his legs in a game situation. You can't create a scenario for QF in a workout that even touches on what you're hoping to get from him if you draft him.

I agree, but, he just put together the best film anyone could have in his last game. Not sure beating up on TTU is really going to turn heads. I hope he plays, but, for his sake, I hope like hell he stays healthy for the next several months. I think he's going to be like another Braxton Miller. 3-5 round guy that a team sees as a pure playmaker (Miller was 3rd round, Denard Robinson was 5th, I think Q falls between them). Will likely be given a shot at QB, but the draft plan will be slot WR/RB.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

4 hours ago, flsportsfan83 said:

Close to our resume

LoL.....Good point. I heard a thousand guesses at who our bowl opponent might be. I don't recall Texas Tech being mentioned. Should be a fun game.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

3 hours ago, dausfbulls11 said:

Makes u wonder how the rest of the P5 fans view us and maybe we are irrational in our green and gold goggles

One of their fans responded, "yuck", at the thought of playing us. They see us the way we might have seen a bowl game against FIU. I'm somewhat confident we beat them though. They are arguably the second best team we play this year, just ahead of Houston.

• Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

I'm guessing they will put up some points on our pass defense like UCF did.  Spread is USF -3.5, so theres that.  QF will play because fringe NFL guys don't sit out bowl games.  Normally only 1st rounders sit out.  Everyone needs to go to this game to honor our Seniors and support the University.

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

15 minutes ago, JoeB said:

I'm guessing they will put up some points on our pass defense like UCF did.  Spread is USF -3.5, so theres that.  QF will play because fringe NFL guys don't sit out bowl games.  Normally only 1st rounders sit out.  Everyone needs to go to this game to honor our Seniors and support the University.

Do you have a link for the spread, because I could not find a line for the game on Vegas Insider?

FWIW, we played in both the first and last bowl game there when we were also the favorite and won.

Interestingly, Pitt played there in consecutive years as well.

http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-football/history/bowls/birmingham/

Edited by Mama_Bull

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  60
  • Days Won:  0

8 hours ago, USFBulls727 said:

One of their fans responded, "yuck", at the thought of playing us. They see us the way we might have seen a bowl game against FIU. I'm somewhat confident we beat them though. They are arguably the second best team we play this year, just ahead of Houston.

#1 They can't see USF that way when we are 9-2 and they are 6-6. #2 Based on computer rankings, the AAC is closer to the Big 12 in strength than cusa is to us. #3 FIU is in a smaller conference, and also has a worse record. 

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

1 hour ago, Vinsanity8404 said:

#1 They can't see USF that way when we are 9-2 and they are 6-6. #2 Based on computer rankings, the AAC is closer to the Big 12 in strength than cusa is to us. #3 FIU is in a smaller conference, and also has a worse record. 

You're trying to defeat emotional arrogance with cold logic.

You're so cute!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,471
  • Days Won:  13

14 hours ago, Orlando Bull said:

I have a sick feeling in my stomach that flowers either isn't going to play in this one, or, he's not going to run at all. Time for him to consider his family. I won't blame him at all if he chooses to sit this one out. 

LOL, He is at best a late NFL Draft pick. Sitting out would hurt his stock.