• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What Texas Tech thinks of USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  1,725
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, dausfbulls11 said:

Makes u wonder how the rest of the P5 fans view us and maybe we are irrational in our green and gold goggles

I'm pretty sure the rest of the "P"5 have the same attitude. There is nothing irrational in thinking that this USF team would defeat more than half of the "P"5 teams easily and would hang with and even defeat all but about 15-20 "P"5 teams. In other words, this team deserves to be in the top 25, but bias and attitudes like we see on the TT thread prevents that reality from coming true. Unfortunately.

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

8 minutes ago, dausfbulls11 said:

Makes u wonder how the rest of the P5 fans view us and maybe we are irrational in our green and gold goggles

I know that a high up in the USF AD's office had a contract on his desk to sign a home and home series with Texas Tech when he received a call from them right after we beat Auburn and they cancelled it.

So, their fans may not be very aware of USF, but their athletic department certainly knows who we are. 

Edited by Mama_Bull
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

The fact that TT looks at anyone as less than them is beyond me.  I've been to Lubbock numerous times.  Think the surface of the moon with less to do.  They are nobody in athletics or academics.

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  1,725
  • Days Won:  0

4 minutes ago, Mama_Bull said:

I know that a high up in the USF AD's office had a contract on his desk to sign a home and home series with Texas Tech when he received a call from them right after we beat Auburn and they cancelled it.

So, their fans may not be very aware of USF, but their athletic department certainly knows who we are. 

The plot thickens... Now I'm actually glad this matchup is happening. I bet after this game a few more fine Texans will be aware of USF and they will never want to see us again.  🤘🐂🏈

Edited by Gat-Rat Bull

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

1 hour ago, Orlando Bull said:

I have a sick feeling in my stomach that flowers either isn't going to play in this one, or, he's not going to run at all. Time for him to consider his family. I won't blame him at all if he chooses to sit this one out. 

It's a chance to play v a P5 team, so i think he goes.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

11 minutes ago, Roaming Bull said:

I think proximity/geography have a lot to do with it. We don’t have much exposure in some places, and Texans all think their fooseball is superior to everyone else’s. 

Texas trains their boys to be football players early on in school, rather than focus on education. That's why Gilbert loves Texas and the systems they teach.

• Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

Seems like not all their fans are dumb ;-)

I expect us to show up and surprise them!

TheRaiderfan 2944 posts

87 minutes agovia Mobile

Not firing Kliff was a terrible shortsighted emotional decision. We will be exposed by USF but it will be too late to get into the coaching carousel.

• Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

28 minutes ago, dausfbulls11 said:

20 minutes ago, Gat-Rat Bull said:

I'm pretty sure the rest of the "P"5 have the same attitude...

In general all P5 thinks like this...

It was funny earlier this year I told a colleague we were playing Illinois and he was like 'o that's a 'big' name uni'...and implied that they will be a tough game...I was like no they suck and I expect us to win.

In general that is the same thing I find in my research/profession...its a form of elitism that exist among the have and have nots. It's pretty primitive honestly...

Edited by Bull-Hornz
  • Upvote 3

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  682
  • Content Count:  7,626
  • Days Won:  6

9 minutes ago, Bull-Hornz said:

TheRaiderfan 2944 posts

87 minutes agovia Mobile

Not firing Kliff was a terrible shortsighted emotional decision. We will be exposed by USF but it will be too late to get into the coaching carousel.

Um, I think they've already been "exposed" in 6 of 9 conference games this year.

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

I expect that we will be the betting favorite. I'm sure that will surprise many of their fans.

The Vegas Line for our game will show up on the link below, when it is set:

http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-football/teams/team-page.cfm/team/south-florida