• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Critiquing Joey Knight

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

11 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

Just looking at the "effort" Joey puts into his USF coverage I would say this is what's really going on.   He's not putting in the effort to drive to Orlando unless his boss made him.  

Nope, he’s trolling. The bosses may have put it out there, but he jumps at the chance to piss people off.

• Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  1,180
  • Days Won:  1

Lmao.. Joey is far from my favorite, but he’s doing his job (ie what his boss tells him).

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

21 minutes ago, USF Bulls Football said:

Lmao.. Joey is far from my favorite, but he’s doing his job (ie what his boss tells him).

Just taking orders is always a convenient excuse

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

You guys think Joey only does what his boss tells him to?  That would suck to have a job like that.  

What's more likely is that Joey has some general responsibilities as a beat reporter, and he is free to operate however he wants under those guidelines.  

What you're seeing him do ... that's what he wants to do.  He writes about the topics he wants to write about, because it's his job to cover Bulls stuff.  He probably has to get editor approval on his topics, but he's a professional journalist - he's not being micromanaged. 

What we see from him is the the way he has chosen to cover the Bulls and handle his day-to-day.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

1 hour ago, GaUSFBull said:

You guys think Joey only does what his boss tells him to?  That would suck to have a job like that.  

What's more likely is that Joey has some general responsibilities as a beat reporter, and he is free to operate however he wants under those guidelines.  

What you're seeing him do ... that's what he wants to do.  He writes about the topics he wants to write about, because it's his job to cover Bulls stuff.  He probably has to get editor approval on his topics, but he's a professional journalist - he's not being micromanaged. 

What we see from him is the the way he has chosen to cover the Bulls and handle his day-to-day.  

Considering the effort he puts into what he chooses to do I doubt he would choose to actually make the effort to drive to Orlando when he could just stay at home and give us the same crack google alert sourced reporting he chooses to give the Bulls.    Also, he's had to cover FSU and UF  in the same one off capacity as he did this UCF field trip.   Pretty sure I remember him saying "he goes where his boss tells him" when he had to miss USF related stuff for those field trips and people called him out on twitter.  I'm sure he has free reign to cover the Bulls and his high school stuff at his discretion but past ones offs like this were "bosses orders".  

Edited by Bull Dozer

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Just now, Bull Dozer said:

Considering the effort he puts into what he chooses to do I doubt he would choose to actually make the effort to drive to Orlando when he could just stay at home and give us the same crack google alert sourced reporting he chooses to give the Bulls.    Also, he's had to cover FSU and UF  in the same one off capacity as he did this UCF field trip.   Pretty sure I remember him saying "he goes where his boss tells him" when he had to miss USF related stuff for those field trips.  

Usually people give no more effort than the minimum that is required.  I think that's pretty descriptive of JK. Saying "I go where my boss tells me" may be true but it's probably more of an excuse than anything.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

11 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

Usually people give no more effort than the minimum that is required.  I think that's pretty descriptive of JK. Saying "I go where my boss tells me" may be true but it's probably more of an excuse than anything.

These things (the one offs) are the one time where I feel it may be a legit reason instead of a lame excuse.    Joey's minimal effort reporting style doesn't jive with him deciding to drive to Orlando on a whim in the morning in rush hour and back again in afternoon traffic.   It's definitely his "excuse" as to why he missed today's scrimmage but it's probably valid because doing what he did today took effort.   He could have easily stayed at home, went to the 30 minute availability period for USF today and went back home and his wheel time would've been probably less than half of what he did today.   I do think Joey likes to troll the fan base, but he's more of a low effort troll that uses stuff on twitter etc that requires no real work to get a  return.    

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

1 hour ago, Bull Dozer said:

These things (the one offs) are the one time where I feel it may be a legit reason instead of a lame excuse.    Joey's minimal effort reporting style doesn't jive with him deciding to drive to Orlando on a whim in the morning in rush hour and back again in afternoon traffic.   It's definitely his "excuse" as to why he missed today's scrimmage but it's probably valid because doing what he did today took effort.   He could have easily stayed at home, went to the 30 minute availability period for USF today and went back home and his wheel time would've been probably less than half of what he did today.   I do think Joey likes to troll the fan base, but he's more of a low effort troll that uses stuff on twitter etc that requires no real work to get a  return.    

He was on a job interview at the Sentinel. 

Edited by Azmodi

• Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  818
  • Days Won:  2

Just now, Azmodi said:

He was on an interview at the Sentinel. 

We should be so lucky

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63