• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Critiquing Joey Knight

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

3 hours ago, GaUSFBull said:

You guys think Joey only does what his boss tells him to?  That would suck to have a job like that.  

What's more likely is that Joey has some general responsibilities as a beat reporter, and he is free to operate however he wants under those guidelines.   

What you're seeing him do ... that's what he wants to do.  He writes about the topics he wants to write about, because it's his job to cover Bulls stuff.  He probably has to get editor approval on his topics, but he's a professional journalist - he's not being micromanaged. 

What we see from him is the the way he has chosen to cover the Bulls and handle his day-to-day.  

One of his jobs is to cover Bulls stuff. I'm thinking you're off base on the flexibility he has. He may not be micromanaged but I don't think he's as free lance as the picture you're painting. He's averaging about one story a day USF related so I'm not sure what people expect ...... and with the reigning national champs an hour away, how can he be expected not to be over there at some point.

• Haha 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,721
  • Days Won:  109

15 minutes ago, Triple B said:

One of his jobs is to cover Bulls stuff. I'm thinking you're off base on the flexibility he has. He may not be micromanaged but I don't think he's as free lance as the picture you're painting. He's averaging about one story a day USF related so I'm not sure what people expect ...... and with the reigning national champs an hour away, how can he be expected not to be over there at some point.

But we led the nation in doubles per game!!!

Edited by CousinRicky
  • Haha 1

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  166
  • Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

AA was horrid during her Big East blog days. She hated every minute of it and couldn’t wait until it was over for her to jump somewhere else. 

JK has been mostly harmless but this really takes the cake for me. 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,686
  • Days Won:  14

I just don’t understand why the Times feels it necessary to give us balls-to-the-wall coverage of C. Are there that many C. fans in Tampa? Does the Sentinel send someone to Tampa? I honestly don’t know.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

2 hours ago, Triple B said:

I'll bet you're wrong. 

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  2,019
  • Days Won:  2

2 hours ago, TallyBull said:

I just don’t understand why the Times feels it necessary to give us balls-to-the-wall coverage of C. Are there that many C. fans in Tampa? Does the Sentinel send someone to Tampa? I honestly don’t know.

They are defending "national champs."

But mostly, I believe they are trolls trying to sell papers and get people riled up.  They've done a pretty good job of getting under our skin, and will continue to do so until they finally go belly up.

Don't feed the trolls.

3 hours ago, TallyBull said:

Obviously BJs Wholesale on BBD thinks there are.  Gator, Nole and Knight shirts.  Not 1 USF shirt when I went there today.  I didn't say anything but should have.

3 hours ago, crambone said:

AA was horrid during her Big East blog days. She hated every minute of it and couldn’t wait until it was over for her to jump somewhere else. 

JK has been mostly harmless but this really takes the cake for me. 

I saw a tweet tonight where she was showering the USF coaches with thanks for welcoming her.  

https://twitter.com/aadelsonESPN

It is somewhere on that page. Don't know how to embed. 

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

8 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Obviously BJs Wholesale on BBD thinks there are.  Gator, Nole and Knight shirts.  Not 1 USF shirt when I went there today.  I didn't say anything but should have.

Maybe reach out to Mike Kelly about it 

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

5 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

I saw a tweet tonight where she was showering the USF coaches with thanks for welcoming her.  

https://twitter.com/aadelsonESPN

It is somewhere on that page. Don't know how to embed.