• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Critiquing Joey Knight

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,568
  • Days Won:  423

4 hours ago, Brad said:

Thanks. Working from phone and too lazy to try and link that.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,680
  • Days Won:  108

14 hours ago, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

14 hours ago, chapelbull said:

14 hours ago, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

Thanks guys.  My wife came across this last night.  Knew then that this was what you were talking about.  

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

Sorry to get off topic but back to Joey Knight, I think fans got spoiled with Greg Auman. He’s defending Jameis quite a bit, and if we had a player that got into the kind of problems that Jameis has, I can’t see JK in any way, size, shape, or form defending them. From the things I’ve seen, he likes to stir the pot. 

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  67
  • Days Won:  0

On 6/22/2018 at 10:55 AM, Bull Dozer said:

Advertising beer to college kids is like advertising ice to Eskimos.    

this has me dying... I was in SigEp and overserved myself too many times to count... that does not make me cool, but the logic behind a name on a building will coerce 40K+ students to all the sudden begin binge drinking is absolutely absurd.... 

Yeah, when it was 1-800-ASK-GARY I noticed I began to slowly call them daily...🤨 There beer all over campus, a wet campus at that. In my honest opinion this is the same warn out old USF Alumni mentality that is holding the school back. Why? i can 99.9% guaruntee they still don't have season football tickets, are not members of the Alumni Associatioin, nor in support of funding benefits for undergraduate students... same as when I arrived in 2004 from FSU. All you guys here keep it alive, but you don't hear this b.s. from FSU/Florida/Miami alumni. (yes Miami 'fans' are the most fake of all) :smileys-money-702364:

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  67
  • Days Won:  0

On 6/23/2018 at 8:46 PM, OcalaBull2 said:

Sorry to get off topic but back to Joey Knight, I think fans got spoiled with Greg Auman. He’s defending Jameis quite a bit, and if we had a player that got into the kind of problems that Jameis has, I can’t see JK in any way, size, shape, or form defending them. From the things I’ve seen, he likes to stir the pot. 

And this is an absolute fact... and I'm included in the spoiled fans from the GA era. Auman cared about, and closely followed USF. No spin, no baiting on social media for clicks, always a factual, solid take. I started our site in 2012 because I couldn't take the ESPN 'fake-coverage' by folks like Andrea Adelson.. Fortunately, we do have more sources now but also have lost many writers/reporters to bigger jobs for P5 programs. (like Corey Long, Newberg, etc etc etc) 

All I can do is pray for is a P5 move like all of you. :facepalm:

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,077
  • Days Won:  2

Greg Auman was fair to the program without being a cheerleader.  I resent the fact that most of the Tampa media takes a condescending view of USF football (or sports) and when we complain, act like we want a cheerleader.  We want a fair and critical view of the program(s), not one bent on casting aspersions. 

Edited by Mission9
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

We have two friggin threads about the same thing yet the real problem is that people do not go to games...

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

1 hour ago, Mission9 said:

Greg Auman was fair to the program without being a cheerleader.  I resent the fact that most of the Tampa media takes a condescending view of USF football (or sports) and when we complain, act like we want a cheerleader.  We want a fair and critical view of the program(s), not one bent on casting aspersions. 

Perfectly said. Huge difference between not going out of your way to be negative and being a cheerleader. Also, deliberately finding things to criticize USF doesn't mean you're "unbiased."

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

1 hour ago, JTrue said:

Perfectly said. Huge difference between not going out of your way to be negative and being a cheerleader. Also, deliberately finding things to criticize USF doesn't mean you're "unbiased."

Where I come from that means you're an ******* 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

39 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

Where I come from that means you're an ******* 

Prodigy?