• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

On ‎10‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 11:23 AM, SANJAY said:

You think playing in the Peach Bowl against Wisconsin is worse than playing in the "G5 Championship" against San Diego State?

Equally as inconsequential, not better or worse.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

1 hour ago, beastiebull said:

Equally as inconsequential, not better or worse.

In the Grand scheme of things you’re correct. From a fan perspective, it’s not even close. 

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,057
  • Days Won:  38

We want BAMA after they lose to UGA.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Back to the original point...kinda. If Aresco wants to be serious about further separating us from the G5, he needs to gut the G5 and expand. 

Offer BYU, Boise, SDSU, Colo St. BYU and Boise are having down years and seeing if they aren't perfect they're nothing in this landscape. Why not bolster an already stronger conference and make it respectable. Heck SDSU and Boise were set to join until that got blown up in the past...showing they at least WERE willing to do it.

Then you'd REALLY have separation and a "Power 6". 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  684
  • Content Count:  7,645
  • Days Won:  6

24 minutes ago, Hem said:

Back to the original point...kinda. If Aresco wants to be serious about further separating us from the G5, he needs to gut the G5 and expand. 

Offer BYU, Boise, SDSU, Colo St. BYU and Boise are having down years and seeing if they aren't perfect they're nothing in this landscape. Why not bolster an already stronger conference and make it respectable. Heck SDSU and Boise were set to join until that got blown up in the past...showing they at least WERE willing to do it.

I do like this but if we're going to 16, I'd offer Air Force instead of BYU.  I know BYU has a national following but they also come with a lot of baggage that will become issues in a conference.  Air Force and Navy in the same conference would be awesome (and they would have to be in the same division).  GO BULLS!

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, Hem said:

Would we all make that much more money individually? That is a lot of mouths to feed. 

BYU and Boise offer a strong national brand, they'll raise what the conference is worth. BYU is currently making somewhere between 800k-1.2mil PER HOME GAME. Their contract is up in 2018 with ESPN. The MWC will be worth pennies without Boise, SDSU and Col State. We would absorb some of their equity. It would more than make up for it. 

Edited by Hem

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,687
  • Days Won:  8

On 9/29/2017 at 1:14 PM, James Gaddis said:

Maybe they should just change it to P3. That way they can be super duper extra powerful. 

Don't invite any more people up.... kick them down. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

3 hours ago, Hem said:

BYU and Boise offer a strong national brand, they'll raise what the conference is worth. BYU is currently making somewhere between 800k-1.2mil PER HOME GAME. Their contract is up in 2018 with ESPN. The MWC will be worth pennies without Boise, SDSU and Col State. We would absorb some of their equity. It would more than make up for it. 

My number understanding is that BYU makes about $7 mil a year. The only way they leave is for more $. Thus let’s say each team is looking for $8 mil a piece more. Add the four you mentioned plus the 12 we already have and your talking a TV package at $128 mil a year. I have a hard time seeing this happening relative to ESPN. Perhaps their is some combo of networks (and streaming) that could get us there but it seems unlikely. I love the idea (and killing the MWC). I just don’t know if we could get enough value for BYU to jump. 

BYU doesn't have a choice to leave for more money. Their contract is up in 2018 and ESPN is aggresively looking to save money, I doubt they'll see those same numbers they've been previously gifted.