• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  423

2 minutes ago, SANJAY said:

I bet FCS playoffs get fewer viewers than the Lawn Mower bowl. I don't know the answer but segregating ourselves into the G5 will have negative impacts on the program including lessened alumnis, student and community involvement (and yes it can be worse).

I don't know the answer either but we're already pretty much segregated into the G5 with all the negative impacts that come with it. Bottom line, I think this P6 thing is pretty much a joke unless someone can tell me exactly what value the AAC would bring to the P5 to even have a remote chance of them taking it seriously ...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  1,728
  • Days Won:  0

37 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I don't know the answer either but we're already pretty much segregated into the G5 with all the negative impacts that come with it. Bottom line, I think this P6 thing is pretty much a joke unless someone can tell me exactly what value the AAC would bring to the P5 to even have a remote chance of them taking it seriously ...

Maybe they should just change it to P3. That way they can be super duper extra powerful. 

11 minutes ago, James Gaddis said:

Maybe they should just change it to P3. That way they can be super duper extra powerful. 

I'm guessing that the Pac 12 and Big 12 would be 86'd in that scenario?

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,114
  • Days Won:  7

37 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I'm guessing that the Pac 12 and Big 12 would be 86'd in that scenario?

Right now looks like the Big 12 and ACC. PAC 12 isn't going anywhere, they need a western conference for the money schools. 

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

On a side note, I was listening to 1040 the other day and they were teasing an interview with CCS and they had him saying and I'm parapharasing "how USF needs to get in to a P5 conference" and that's what everybody should be working towards.  Don't know if I've ever heard him say that.  Maybe he has and I missed it.  I thought that kind of talk was for behind doors and anything said in public is how great it is to be in the AAC.  Anyway, those comments kind of caught me by surprise.  Maybe I'm reading to much in to things.

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  1,728

Okay, so maybe P4. But if we're changing things up, let's just make it P6. Or here's a radical thought: FBS. Yeah, I know... I'm kidding myself. 😉

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

I have zero desire to watch a G5 playoff. It would be the first step to creating another division in a formal manner. At that point I would seriously have to consider if I would even follow USF football (certainly not to the degree that I do now). I would suspect the big money  donors (the few we may have) would also pull out entirely or reduce their $. I also wonder if this would impact the potential of an OCS (who would want to write a check for a minor league?). Further, if we have the playoffs there will no NYD Bowl game for the P5. This was the option when it was decided to take the NYD bowl game a few years ago. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I have zero desire to watch a G5 playoff. It would be the first step to creating another division in a formal manner. At that point I would seriously have to consider if I would even follow USF football (certainly not to the degree that I do now). I would suspect the big money  donors (the few we may have) would also pull out entirely or reduce their $. I also wonder if this would impact the potential of an OCS (who would want to write a check for a minor league?). Further, if we have the playoffs there will no NYD Bowl game for the P5. This was the option when it was decided to take the NYD bowl game a few years ago. 

Thought of that earlier and that is definitely a negative to the G5 playoff scenario ......... and you wouldn't watch USF play in a G5 playoff game?

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

Thought of that earlier and that is definitely a negative to the G5 playoff scenario ......... and you wouldn't watch USF play in a G5 playoff game?

Well, I am a die hard so yes, probably. But ii am sure I would care as much. 

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  254

4 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

NEB-

i couldn't agree with you more.  The law of unintended consequences of trying to make yourself legitimate as a Group of 5.  'Let's make our own playoff as G5" and all the while making yourself inconsequential.

'

• Upvote 1