• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Here's what the pompous UF folks think about USF and UCF in the state pecking order.  Read at your own discretion.

http://www.gatorcountry.com/swampgas/threads/the-new-big-3-in-florida.377772/

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

I would rather Navy won all of their games from here to the championship game against us. 

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

3 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I get that but we don’t know if any poll is used in consideration by the committee. No way the ESPN poll is relevant. In terms of last year it makes sense there were only two teams as I can’t see where a third deserved to be in the top 25. Of course a lot of this may be moot as one of the four will more than likely lose (my guess it will be Navy) after week nine. 

I didn't consider Navy because I was working under the assumption that UCF would have beaten them.

So, let's assume Navy wins their next two games, as they have a  bye week. They would then be 7-0.

Their SOS would be better than our own with a win over a ranked UCF at home and some better victories overall.

Oct 14 @ Memphis Tigers       3:45 PM    
Oct 21 Central Florida Knights       3:30 PM 

But since Navy would have one less win, I could see a closer battle with them for #2 than with UCF.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Not really worried about what ifs at this point.

I'm looking forward to an ass whooping of the bearcats on homecoming and then on to Tulane. 

Wash rinse repeat until we're 12-0 and then let the chips fall where they may.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

Don't forget that we only have 11 games this year because of the UMass cancellation. That leaves us a data point short of SDSU.

2 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Not really worried about what ifs at this point.

I'm looking forward to an ass whooping of the bearcats on homecoming and then on to Tulane. 

Wash rinse repeat until we're 12-0 and then let the chips fall where they may.

Just bear in mind that USF and UCF will be playing one less game, due to Irma, than both Navy

and SDSU.

Our lost game probably won't matter that much, because UMASS is terrible and would have brought our SOS down even further.

On the other hand, UCF lost a home game against Georgia Tech and a win over them would have certainly helped their SOS.

Our schedule is what it is. All we can do is win out and hope that is enough to get us to the Peach Bowl.

I'm just looking forward to winning our division, the CCG and whatever bowl game we attend.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,687
  • Days Won:  8

How many teams in the top 15 by conference.... none from the American. I think we are objectively the weakest of the P6. 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

38 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Here's what the pompous UF folks think about USF and UCF in the state pecking order.  Read at your own discretion.

http://www.gatorcountry.com/swampgas/threads/the-new-big-3-in-florida.377772/

What's funny is they mention we don't play a strong ooc schedule...they forget to mention they still owe us a game and other teams bailed on us. It's hard to play a strong ooc schedule when teams like UF usually play cupcake teams ooc. They want nothing to do with us because we'd beat them. I've watched 3 of their games and they are awful. I always wonder how a team can have a top 10 recruiting class year after year, yet have such crap quarterbacks?!

• Upvote 1

Renu Kantor. former USF Provost and current Houston President, serves as chair of the American Athletic Conference Board.

Today she met with ESPN:

Had a productive meeting with John Skipper, president of ESPN and co-chairman of Disney Media Networks this morning in New York.

Speculation on the meeting is that they were discussing the next AAC TV contract.

Of course, there will also be conspiracy theories. LOL

• 2 weeks later...

AAC Daily: USA Today Calls The American a Power and UCF Talk

C. Austin Cox
Posted by C. Austin Cox on Tuesday, 24 October 2017 in American Athletic Conference Blog
2e1ax_default_entry_AmericanP6.jpg

Ask fans of the American Athletic Conference if the league is a genuine power conference and you're certain to get a lot of positive feedback. That is even the case when it comes to fans of other leagues and even head coaches, like Missouri Tigers head football coach Barry Odom saying during an SEC presser that The American is a power conference.

But you need the media to get on board and USA Today, an outlet responsible for some of the most respected polls in the business agrees that the AAC is a power.

...Wichita State has national title aspirations for the 2017-18 as part of a "power conference."

Read more at:

http://www.bcsnn.com/blog/253-aac-daily-usa-today-calls-the-american-a-power-and-ucf-talk.html

No more shocking: Now in AAC, Wichita State has national title aspirations for 2017-18

Scott Gleeson, USA TODAY SportsPublished 12:19 a.m. ET Oct. 24, 2017 | Updated 12:32 p.m. ET Oct. 24, 2017

...The once mid-major program enters a power conference at the perfect time, with all five starters back from a 31-5 squad.

Read more at:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaab/aac/2017/10/23/no-more-shocking-now-aac-wichita-state-has-national-title-aspirations-2017-18/779527001/