• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Strong jabs back as fans attack USF's offense

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

2 hours ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Can' we officially say the honeymoon is over after 2 games?

9 minutes ago, jchem1995 said:

Said the same thing on 247.

That's one game longer than Taggart got.  

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

3 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

Well that's what happens when you manage to get our first loss to an FCS opponent since we moved to FBS, on your way to the worst record in team history.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  422

21 minutes ago, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

24k diehards❓ Wasn't it 18,302?

I don't acknowledge those relatively inconsequential numbers ...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  422

21 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

That honeymoon over made more sense and was easier to understand than this one ....

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

Yeah, I understand where he's coming from. He's used to huge crowds.

But we are also used to playing awesome offensive football.

Plus, he lost that other job.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,013
  • Days Won:  38

I came to watch.  It was boring so I used club access to get dry in the second half.  I agree with Strong that more people should come, but it was raining and no one knows what a Stony Brook is.

I will say that they probably need a better offense than run up the middle if they want to pack the house.  That being said, a Selvie era violent defense is fun to watch too.  Right now the defense seems good enough to win and getting turnover opportunities, special teams are good enough to lose any game single handedly, and the offense is a mystery but could click soon.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,013
  • Days Won:  38

48 minutes ago, Flowers4Heisman said:

Yeah, I understand where he's coming from. He's used to huge crowds.

But we are also used to playing awesome offensive football.

Plus, he lost that other job.

So he is used to having OCS, tradition and a P5 opponent?  Hmmmm

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  254
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, Bull94 said:

what a joke. the million dollar coach blaming the 20 year old kids and you guys buy it.

anybody know how many times Chuck's offense threw to a RB last year at texas?

9 total times the entire year to all their Rbs combined.I guess the defense never gave them that huh. First he says we looked for splash plays and that was the problem. then he says they took away the deep ball. now he says they keyed on the run so Flowers and Johnson couldn't get going. Fact is the plays were predictable. we ran into a stacked line between the tackles almost every time. we passed when we had to pass. everything was dink and dunk. we threw one go route the entire game and it went for an 65 yard TD.

goodbye wheelroutes to DJ or any pass to him for that matter.9 freaking times all year.

this offense has no creativity. line em up and try to beat them straight up and then blame it on execution.it's boring conservative football. 3 yards and a cloud of dust.

Our offense last year created mismatches. cleared out the defense by running hitch and go's or got safeties to bite on the bubble screen and then threw over the top. wheel routes into open space. jet sweeps to suck the safeties in and then faking it and going over the top.it was a thing of beauty. anybody that doesn't see the difference isn't paying attention.

This is a case of square peg and round hole at all costs.  These coaches aren't creative or even remotely observant or novel in their thinking.

Callijg your fans out in response for attendance  following a legitimate question regarding how you've somehow dismantled a top 10 offense into a loser into the fourth quarter to Stoney Brook?  

Man coach, you'd better be awfully careful as the clamoring has barely begun against your product on the field.  What will you reply when you really are down and out?

Bush league reply CCS.  Don't let your frustration over your suck billow into insults back at the fans.  Fans don't teach the players to prevent blocked punts. Shut it and win.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Triple B said:

You're the 19th ranked team, coming off a 3 td win on the West Coast and you could only garner a padded 26K for an announced attendance. He has every right to say what he did ... if the customer is that fickle already after one not horrible game, we have no hope.

Sucking and having two blocked punts and losing at home to Stoney brook and poor attendance are mutually exclusive arguments.  They're not related.  CCS using this reply reveals his frustration in his product.  This is all.  

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Triple B said:

24K diehards for a 1-0, ranked team is a joke ..... maybe we should go back to CUSA or SunBelt

Poor performance on the field, two blocked punts in as many games is the real joke.

Poor attendance and poor performance are mutually exclusive events. They aren't related.  CCS rebutting his poor performance  with 'yea, but, but, but attendance is poor' youve got to admit is an amateur response.  I have to openly admit I was a bit taken aback by it in this setting.

• Upvote 2