• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Strong jabs back as fans attack USF's offense

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  422

Just now, Bull94 said:

it's an insult to the people that show up. the opponent was not very exciting. and two of the states biggest programs were playing big time games during or soon after our 1-aa joke. no way to expect casual fans. only diehards.

24K diehards for a 1-0, ranked team is a joke ..... maybe we should go back to CUSA or SunBelt

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Just now, Triple B said:

How can the deep ball be good once again if we're not throwing any??

If I'm the only one that doesn't think his deep ball is "way better" then so be it ... If you don't think all phases of his throwing improved last year, you must be one of the ones just licking their chops for some regression out of him.

I thought he improved. it doesn't change the fact that he is much better at deep passes. He has thrown a few this year. nothing compared to last year though.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,215
  • Days Won:  1

22 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

yeah you don't think blocking technique has anything to do with it? why do you think almost all colleges use a zone blocking scheme now? because they are easier and more effective. but go ahead and blame it on the players for not being able to pick up a blocking technique in one off season that many first round picks can't do in an entire year in the NFL.

here is an article in usa today talking about the different techniques and how top draft picks sit out a year just to try and learn them. some never do. top linemen in college. why would we try to teach them this in one off season?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2017/03/18/spread-offenses-in-college-make-nfl-a-guessing-game/99348272/

I think its pretty clear you aren't educated on OL play so I'd stop here. Technique and scheme are very different. College OL are rough around the edges in technique because they play in spread offenses. This is very much still a spread offense. We aren't changing technique as much as we are gap assignment. When you have teams moving around the LOS and LBs walked up from gap to gap it's difficult to determine whose coming and whose not. Especially in a new offense or scheme, but not technique. 

The "power" runs simply mean guards are pulling vs zone blocking. I prefer zone blocking, but the issues we are having are still mental rather than schematic. When you have an OG and an OC doubling the NT and letting the only LB that can make a play run free, that's a execution error not a schematic error. 

1 minute ago, Triple B said:

24K diehards for a 1-0, ranked team is a joke ..... maybe we should go back to CUSA or SunBelt

I can only control one fan and I was there. He should appreciate the fans he has. as boring as that game was I could see why casual fans wouldn't bother.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

Just now, Triple B said:

Cusa when we were in it was better than whatever the name of this conference is.

2 minutes ago, IBulleve said:

I think its pretty clear you aren't educated on OL play so I'd stop here. Technique and scheme are very different. College OL are rough around the edges in technique because they play in spread offenses. This is very much still a spread offense. We aren't changing technique as much as we are gap assignment. When you have teams moving around the LOS and LBs walked up from gap to gap it's difficult to determine whose coming and whose not. Especially in a new offense or scheme, but not technique. 

The "power" runs simply mean guards are pulling vs zone blocking. I prefer zone blocking, but the issues we are having are still mental rather than schematic. When you have an OG and an OC doubling the NT and letting the only LB that can make a play run free, that's a execution error not a schematic error. 

semantics. we run exclusively between the tackles and we like to use a TE as a FB. doesn't scream spread to me. oh and we don't throw to RBs. just because we go 3 wide doesn't mean it's a spread. call it technique or scheme or what have you. they are blocking differently than last year and it's far more complicated now. It reminds me when Taggart used to pull guards etc. that line was a mess.

Edited by Bull94

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  422

1 minute ago, Bull94 said:

as boring as that game was I could see why casual fans wouldn't bother.

Wasn't referring to casual fans. They didn't buy tix because of the weather and the 2 games you mentioned ... the boring factor of that game had no bearing on the casual buying tix ... unless they were prescient like char.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,215
  • Days Won:  1

Just now, Bull94 said:

semantics. we run exclusively between the tackles and we like to use a TE as a FB. doesn't scream spread to me.

Majority between the tackles. Sure. Not exclusively. The Buck Sweeps are a perfect example

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

We need fans. But I nor  coach can control that. I want Ws. Only coach and his players can control that. 

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  3,341
  • Days Won:  5

2 hours ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Can' we officially say the honeymoon is over after 2 games?

Said the same thing on 247.