• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Strong jabs back as fans attack USF's offense

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

1 minute ago, GaUSFBull said:

Seems like what they're being asked to do isn't in their wheelhouse ... so if that's the case, it's no wonder execution is a problem.  

What came first?  The chicken or the egg?

yeah trip would blame Tom Brady for not executing the read option

what was that post that had Q's QB rating when throwing the deep ball? One time last game he had a pass 20+ yards. the drop was a broken play. it wasn't designed.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  422

2 minutes ago, GaUSFBull said:

Seems like what they're being asked to do isn't in their wheelhouse ... so if that's the case, it's no wonder execution is a problem.  

What came first?  The chicken or the egg?

A lot of the same plays are there, not all .... at least that we've seen .... jet sweeps, jet sweep fakes,bubble screen, q designed runs. What I did see Saturday was a screen, that I don't recall from last year, that looked pretty good until the throw was dropped.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,215
  • Days Won:  1

I suggest you go back and watch the film a bit. There were times when we were running into a 5 man box and getting zip. That's with reading the end. 3 DL and a LB with 5 OL to account for them and someone still comes free. Mental mistakes. A lot of this is because we are pulling guards and downblocking much more than we were in the past. Not just gap blocking. Completely different. 

Im not saying we will ever be more explosive than we were last season, but I suggest watching the film before you start screaming Jet Sweep and Verticals.

Edited by IBulleve

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,215
  • Days Won:  1

2 minutes ago, Triple B said:

A lot of the same plays are there, not all .... at least that we've seen .... jet sweeps, jet sweep fakes,bubble screen, q designed runs. What I did see Saturday was a screen, that I don't recall from last year, that looked pretty good until the throw was dropped.

If it was the one to McCants it was bounced and he had blockers lined up. QF makes that throw 9 times out of 10.

3 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

yeah trip would blame Tom Brady for not executing the read option

Absolutely.

4 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

what was that post that had Q's QB rating when throwing the deep ball? One time last game he had a pass 20+ yards. the drop was a broken play. it wasn't designed.

You mean the one pass that MCCants had to wrestle away from the db because it wasn't thrown properly? Q doesn't throw the long better any better or worse than the other throws ...

1 minute ago, Triple B said:

they ran one jet sweep. it went for like 15 yards. never did see it again. he threw one go route. 65 yard TD on 3rd and long. not another one.

he doesn't throw the ball to RBs so don't bother covering them out of the backfield. pretty much takes away DJ's strength.

What I saw was us running between the tackles almost exclusively. no creativity whatsoever. a bunch of 3 yard hitches. a 5 yard inside screen. hardly ever attacked downfield.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, IBulleve said:

If it was the one to McCants it was bounced and he had blockers lined up. QF makes that throw 9 times out of 10.

Yep, my bad, that was the one ....

8 minutes ago, IBulleve said:

I suggest you go back and watch the film a bit. There were times when we were running into a 5 man box and getting zip. That's with reading the end. 3 DL and a LB with 5 OL to account for them and someone still comes free. Mental mistakes. A lot of this is because we are pulling guards and downblocking much more than we were in the past. Not just gap blocking. Completely different. 

Im not saying we will ever be more explosive than we were last season, but I suggest watching the film before you start screaming Jet Sweep and Verticals.

yeah you don't think blocking technique has anything to do with it? why do you think almost all colleges use a zone blocking scheme now? because they are easier and more effective. but go ahead and blame it on the players for not being able to pick up a blocking technique in one off season that many first round picks can't do in an entire year in the NFL.

here is an article in usa today talking about the different techniques and how top draft picks sit out a year just to try and learn them. some never do. top linemen in college. why would we try to teach them this in one off season?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2017/03/18/spread-offenses-in-college-make-nfl-a-guessing-game/99348272/

Edited by Bull94

2 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Absolutely.

You mean the one pass that MCCants had to wrestle away from the db because it wasn't thrown properly? Q doesn't throw the long better any better or worse than the other throws ...

so i guess that 129 rating on throws 20+ yards was just bunk??

1 minute ago, Bull94 said:

so i guess that 129 rating on throws 20+ yards was just bunk??

I'm just wondering how he got that rating off just one 20 yd pass .... I guess it's possible.