• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Strong jabs back as fans attack USF's offense

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

10 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Don't know yet if SJSU is a bad team this year or not ... but, after a nonsensical 1st quarter, held them scoreless for 39 minutes.

SBU wasn't completely shut down but was darn close, only gave up a fg and a perfect storm long TD run .... but, now we start seeing how they improved they really are.

Sorry, we should still mop the floor with an 11-1 FCS team, which is their best case scenario. You're really grasping at straws if you're betting on SJSU and SBU to have breakout seasons to redeem our crappy play. 

It's much more prudent simply to say, it's fine, we can do a 180 in conference play. Hell, during 2007 we struggled to beat Elon then went on to beat Auburn, WVU, and UCiF by 50. I'd much rather hope that happens, than SJSU/SBU being top of their conferences.

Edited by The Great 8

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

My eyes tell me the defense is better. More guys around the ball and they're getting people on the ground.

Statistically they're about the same as they were through 2 games last year.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,613
  • Content Count:  74,618
  • Days Won:  424

3 minutes ago, The Great 8 said:

Sorry, we should still mop the floor with an 11-1 FCS team, which is their best case scenario. You're really grasping at straws if you're betting on SJSU and SBU to have breakout seasons to redeem our crappy play. 

It's much more prudent simply to say, it's fine, we can do a 180 in conference play. Hell, during 2007 we struggled to beat Elon then went on to beat Auburn, WVU, and UCiF by 50. I'd much rather hope that happens, than SJSU/SBU being top of their conferences.

I'm not grasping at anything .....we were specifically talking about our defense, which you yourself said was dramatically improved. I'm steering clear of the ******** and moaning about the offense at this point.

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, Triple B said:

I'm not grasping at anything .....we were specifically talking about our defense, which you yourself said was dramatically improved. I'm steering clear of the ******** and moaning about the offense at this point.

Your callout of we "don't know yet if SJSU is a bad team this year or not" makes it sound like you're basing our performance against them relative to how good they are. That's not an unfair thing to do, it also removes all ability to judge the games until the end of the season. My overarching point is *it doesn't matter* how good they become, specifically for SBU, because a top-tier team in their position should be getting annihilated by a #19 team in a "P6" conference.

I don't think anyone, including players and coaches, would refute that we didn't beat these teams as convincingly as we'd expected. Hoping it's because those teams have both captured lightning in a bottle and will suddenly be great, is grasping at straws, imho. It's much more likely that we're going to a.) underperform our own expectations this year, or b.) these games were an anomaly. Not that c.) these teams are better than we expected and close to what we'll see in conference play.

25 minutes ago, The Great 8 said:

Your callout of we "don't know yet if SJSU is a bad team this year or not" makes it sound like you're basing our performance against them relative to how good they are. That's not an unfair thing to do, it also removes all ability to judge the games until the end of the season. My overarching point is *it doesn't matter* how good they become, specifically for SBU, because a top-tier team in their position should be getting annihilated by a #19 team in a "P6" conference.

I don't think anyone, including players and coaches, would refute that we didn't beat these teams as convincingly as we'd expected. Hoping it's because those teams have both captured lightning in a bottle and will suddenly be great, is grasping at straws, imho. It's much more likely that we're going to a.) underperform our own expectations this year, or b.) these games were an anomaly. Not that c.) these teams are better than we expected and close to what we'll see in conference play.

My response to beastie was in reference to the way our defense ONLY was playing. What part of that are you not grasping? I don't care if we should have annihilated them both or not. My point was after a wacky 1st qtr of the year, the DEFENSE has played the way they should have against inferior teams. My callout about "bad team" was just in reference to beastie calling them that ..... and we don't know yet.

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  266
  • Days Won:  1

Strong will regret that "jab.".....Never criticize the customer or potential customers. Bad move. How did the big crowds help him at TX? 

Edited by ahoyboy

1 minute ago, ahoyboy said:

Strong will regret that "jab.".....Never criticize the customer or potential customers. Bad move. How did the big crowds help him at TX? 

Current customers shouldn't care because it really wasn't about them. Some potential customers will just add it to their list of excuses why they're not supporting so no effect there. The problem lies in are there any other legit potential customers out there ...

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  2,335
  • Content Count:  21,334
  • Days Won:  10

Just was re-watching the Stony Brook game.  41 minutes in we try a jet sweep and the linebacker read it and we take a loss on the play. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

43 minutes ago, ahoyboy said:

********, if the team wins no one will care or remember.