• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Strong Concern?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,575
  • Days Won:  423

1 hour ago, TromBull12 said:

My concern is for the Bulls fans who have been so hurt in the past that they can't allow themselves to enjoy a good thing WHILE it's happening. 

Ex. Back end of the Taggart Era

Hopefully if things go as well as they can,  we can all enjoy the Strong Era and live in the moment together. 

Some Bulls fans excel at looking for that dark lining in a silver cloud ...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,575
  • Days Won:  423

23 minutes ago, EastTexan said:

Please do your research UT was run like a country club during Browns Tenure.. When Strong arrived the players were soft.. he kicked most of those guys after giving them chance after chance to get their act right 

Welcome aboard ... but for future reference, and I don't think he'll mind this description, lob99 is our board equivalent of a village idiot ... a job he takes very, very seriously, I might add .... so don't put a whole of stock in 99% of his posts.

• Upvote 3

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

46 minutes ago, EastTexan said:

Please do your research UT was run like a country club during Browns Tenure.. When Strong arrived the players were soft.. he kicked most of those guys after giving them chance after chance to get their act right 

20 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Welcome aboard ... but for future reference, and I don't think he'll mind this description, lob99 is our board equivalent of a village idiot ... a job he takes very, very seriously, I might add .... so don't put a whole of stock in 99% of his posts.

While Trip is correct here, my view is that its the job of new blood such as your to exert some energy and earn yourself keep...a cutting of the teeth if you will. It helps feed the trolls and reveals their true nature to newcomers ;-)

Just mind the rep points next to the username, little minus sign with red negative number typical == exuberant troll. I would also say rep points hovering at about 1% of total post could be a covert troll. 

Edited by Bull-Hornz
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4
  • Days Won:  0

23 minutes ago, Bull-Hornz said:

While Trip is correct here, my view is that its the job of new blood such as your to exert some energy and earn yourself keep...a cutting of the teeth if you will. It helps feed the trolls and reveals their true nature to newcomers ;-)

Just mind the rep points next to the username, little minus sign with red negative number typical == exuberant troll. I would also say rep points hovering at about 1% of total post could be a covert troll. 

Appreciate the heads up from you all, back to CS... on top him cutting ties with players Mack Brown didn't do UT any favors evaluating talent his last 3 or 4 years, for one he chose Swoops over several very capable Qbs including JT Barret... Mack had Two or Three kids Drafted that were left of his players the last 3 seasons reasons the Talent pool was believe it or not dry. Texas Recruiting classes had not been top 10 people say UT recruits itself but Baylor, TCU, were on the rise and A&M left for the SEC opening the floodgates for other SEC schools to Cherry pick Texas recruits.. Others say Texas had unlimited resources but that was not true under New A.D. Patterson who was also fired for rubbing the boosters and other people the wrong way.. He cut a lot of the athletic budget..

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

16 hours ago, usfgrad84 said:

The guy has a rock solid reputation as a one of the top recruiters in the nation based on his success over the long term  I wouldn't base any concern on being officially in the job for less than a full day before the dead period began.

There are no concerns about this hire at all.  

His average star rating for individual recruits while at Texas

Mack Brown's the three years before Strong

He didn't have a single class with an average star ranking higher than Mack's lowest class in 3 years.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,956
  • Days Won:  12

We're not going 12-0 every year. I just want him to be consistently good, run a clean program, and give us the occasional big upset or championship 

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,458
  • Days Won:  25

44 minutes ago, hm101 said:

We're not going 12-0 every year. I just want him to be consistently good, run a clean program, and give us the occasional big upset or championship 

Of course not. Some years we'll be 13-0 or 15-0...

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

1 hour ago, Bull94 said:

He didn't have a single class with an average star ranking higher than Mack's lowest class in 3 years.

Stars aren't everything. See Courtney Denson, Jamar Taylor, Mike Ford Darrell Scott. If Brown wasn't paying much attention while on the trail like Texas fans claim (including 1 in this thread) than stars don't mean ****. Strongs task at Texas was the same as Willies was when he got here, difference is Texas wasn't patient enough. Herman is walking into a gold mine where he will have a great year on the back of what Strong built while there. 

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  2,610
  • Days Won:  3

I'm not concerned at all. Strong said all the right things in the press conference and there's no reason to believe he will be lazy on the recruiting trail in an area that he knows very well. When it comes to coaches you always have to ask yourself, "who would've been a better hire that would not give you any concerns?" I can't think of  single one that would've been a better one. 

Now before we judge him he needs to deliver. Is it possible he brings in an OC that completely changes the offense? It is, and that would be unsettling. But I like to think coaches aren't stupid and understand the talent that they have. I for one hope Wiest, Reaves and company show CCS what this offense can do in the bowl game and he keeps them on the staff, but will also support to my fullest any choices that he makes. 

Go Bulls!

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4
  • Days Won:  0

8 hours ago, Bull94 said:

Mack Brown didn't have to compete with an hot A&M team coming after a Johnny Manziel Heisman trophy, Or an Elite Baylor Team plus A&M opened up the floodgates to other SEC schools..