• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

If we don't get in

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  1,055
  • Days Won:  2

2 hours ago, cophbulls said:

Well, you are actually making my point for me, the students are fair weather fans, and we went to 6 bowl games in a row before those losing seasons. We had/have a consistently strong product. What we don't have is student support. again, I blame the students who have excuse after excuse for not showing up. I have a job, a wife, two kids, two dogs, two cats, a house, a rental property; I have less time, live farther away and I pay for tickets; I go to every game. I know folks who fly into every home game from places like NY and LA. There is no viable excuse. And if we continue to languish in the AAC (for the record, I love the AAC) it will be no ones fault but the laziness and the excuses of the students.

Flew in last year to 5 games from NY and San Fran to see very little support at some of the early games in the season.  Maybe the student section will continue to build this year from the way the season ended. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,561
  • Days Won:  423

3 hours ago, cophbulls said:

Well, you are actually making my point for me, the students are fair weather fans, and we went to 6 bowl games in a row before those losing seasons. We had/have a consistently strong product. What we don't have is student support. again, I blame the students who have excuse after excuse for not showing up. I have a job, a wife, two kids, two dogs, two cats, a house, a rental property; I have less time, live farther away and I pay for tickets; I go to every game. I know folks who fly into every home game from places like NY and LA. There is no viable excuse. And if we continue to languish in the AAC (for the record, I love the AAC) it will be no ones fault but the laziness and the excuses of the students.

As much crap as I give the students at times, I completely disagree with that. First, there won't be just one thing at fault. Second, the "fans" who don't support Athletics at all, or those that just support when things are going smoothly, will be ahead of the students as far as culpability is concerned.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

2 hours ago, Bear said:

I am hoping the Big 12 takes 4 (one of which being the USF, of course)

image.jpeg

Edited by NCBull
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,614
  • Days Won:  51

4 hours ago, cophbulls said:

I disagree.  When I was 19 I was an idiot.  An idealist, liberal minded chump.  Now that I own tons of crap (compared to back then) I am way more conservative and have totally different priorities.  I used to go out to the bars and get hammered, now I get less hammered and am usually home before midnite and never miss a Bulls game.  

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,523
  • Days Won:  28

Being from Miami, we had Heat  fans, but if the Knicks came to town they had more fans in the stands. Unfortunately the big crowds did not come until Pat Riley came and we started winning.  Most teams that always have fans even when they lose either have no other team to complete with in the city or the team once was dominant. I’m sure once USF starts winning the fans will be there. I think many people just got tired or being disappointed and there was some pretty bad football. As for not getting in the B12, well all we can do is ball to the best of our ability and win our conference. We can get a bowl game or through luck sneak In the playoffs. Boise State has had more success than a majority of P5 teams in the past decade w/o being in a P5 conference and hell they don’t even have the recruiting advantage we had. So if they can be successful w/o being in a P5 league why can’t we?

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  276
  • Days Won:  1

It's not on the students. USF drew well when we were in a BCS conference. 

http://www.gousfbulls.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=204767028

Expecting people to show up for games against SMU, Tulsa, Tulane, etc when they were used to WVU, Pitt, Louisville etc is a challenge. Not to mention that our getting dropped from a BCS conference happened at the same time as the Skip Holtz debacle. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  36
  • Content Count:  2,114
  • Days Won:  2

Would we have a chance to get in the Big 10 if we can get AAU status in the coming years if they decided to expand further? ACC now has a network, which may block those teams from going there.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

53 minutes ago, KevinUSF00 said:

It's not on the students. USF drew well when we were in a BCS conference. 

http://www.gousfbulls.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=204767028

Expecting people to show up for games against SMU, Tulsa, Tulane, etc when they were used to WVU, Pitt, Louisville etc is a challenge. Not to mention that our getting dropped from a BCS conference happened at the same time as the Skip Holtz debacle. 

Yup. students are not the problem. It's the lack of season ticket holder base and consistent donors.

• Topic Count:  2,332
  • Content Count:  21,301
  • Days Won:  10

1 hour ago, Paisa el Toro said:

Yup. students are not the problem. It's the lack of season ticket holder base and consistent donors.

West Virginia fans traveled well and bought tickets.  So did Louisville fans.   That helps boost our season average. 

Now we are playing Temple, East Carolina.   They are not big draws for college football. 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

2 hours ago, bulls phanatic said:

Would we have a chance to get in the Big 10 if we can get AAU status in the coming years if they decided to expand further? ACC now has a network, which may block those teams from going there.

No.

• Upvote 1