• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Athletics strategic plan to be unveiled

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Days Won:  19

14 minutes ago, Triple B said:

The vast majority of all college football programs have an ocs out of necessity .... and if we had struck when we supposedly had money, attendance and AQ conference, we'd be in foreclosure now.

And to be honest, I imagine we could have an OCS right now if one was really needed but it would be a piece of **** like BHNFP and our fans are more discriminating than Kanigit fans.

Let's be honest too, as much as I love the anti UCF rhetoric, there is a huge difference between UCF playing in a bad part of town in a stadium that was sort of a dump, off campus. and USF playing in a modern, nice NFL stadium. 

As much as UCF needed an OCS, we had a different set of circumstances. UCF's on campus stadium was an upgrade for them, so good for them. If we built the exact same stadium it would have been a downgrade for us. Not a knock, it just so happened that the community stadium in Tampa was much nicer than the one in Orlando. 

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

54 minutes ago, Mike Stuben said:

Let's be honest too, as much as I love the anti UCF rhetoric, there is a huge difference between UCF playing in a bad part of town in a stadium that was sort of a dump, off campus. and USF playing in a modern, nice NFL stadium. 

As much as UCF needed an OCS, we had a different set of circumstances. UCF's on campus stadium was an upgrade for them, so good for them. If we built the exact same stadium it would have been a downgrade for us. Not a knock, it just so happened that the community stadium in Tampa was much nicer than the one in Orlando. 

It's totally ok if you knock UCF on this board.  

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

59 minutes ago, Ned A Starr said:

All true, but the reason they were forced to build the Wok was the Citrus Dump was going to be closed for renovation, leaving them with no place to play.

Not true. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,582
  • Days Won:  423

8 hours ago, footnfan1 said:

Not true. 

For this thread, we're gonna pretend it's true. If you'd like to start a thread in an appropriate spot elsewhere to discuss the origin of the the Pan, you are more than welcome ...

Continuing discussion of the origins of BHNFP

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,815
  • Days Won:  22

I'm glad Harlan put it down for all to see, for years all I hear from USF fans is we don't belong in AAC we should be Big12, this while our fan support and donors act more like Sun Belt. For years I have complained that USF Athletics did very little if nothing to grow the donor base, they went for the big bucks, but getting the young starting 100 dollar donor? Well no time for that ,never mind that as a young university with large number of recent grads growing those would have paid off in long run. Now Harlan and the AD are doing a better job at reaching out and building a base but it will take years that were wasted under the old regime.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  95
  • Days Won:  1

27 minutes ago, Cubanbull said:

I'm glad Harlan put it down for all to see, for years all I hear from USF fans is we don't belong in AAC we should be Big12, this while our fan support and donors act more like Sun Belt. For years I have complained that USF Athletics did very little if nothing to grow the donor base, they went for the big bucks, but getting the young starting 100 dollar donor? Well no time for that ,never mind that as a young university with large number of recent grads growing those would have paid off in long run. Now Harlan and the AD are doing a better job at reaching out and building a base but it will take years that were wasted under the old regime.

I agree 100%. Get recent grads used to donating $50-100 annually. Donate more when you get that great job. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,685
  • Days Won:  108

On 5/20/2016 at 7:22 AM, Bausfkid said:

USF leadership is doing all the right things and it's just a matter of time.  It won't be on our time table, but it will happen.

Go Bulls!

Or it won't.

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,351
  • Days Won:  43

The whole P5 should be shaken down since it will cause the G5 to fall even further behind. Game over, man!! Game over!

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,459
  • Days Won:  25

5 hours ago, ArmyBull said:

No, we would not be in foreclosure, stop that.

Regarding the Kinghts stadium, it may started as garbage, but every year they seem to add something to it to improve it.  I saw something on Twitter a couple of days ago about new giant video boards.  At some point, with upgrades, their 45mil piece of garbage turns into the 150mil stadium that we want, all this while our leadership just says, sorry, we are poor.  I don't buy any of it!

Building things like an OCS that get the alumni back to campus help increase donations.  So, perhaps you are on the wrong end of the "chicken or egg" analogy.  Perhaps if we would have built an OCS years ago, not only would we not be in foreclosure, but our fan and donation base would be near our aspirational goals.  This is the type of investment minded and forward thinking leadership we need.  Again, UCF, FAU, Cincy, and Houston are not in foreclosure.  We are not poor and I am tired of the "blame the fans" message that keeps coming across.  

4 hours ago, Cubanbull said:

Agree with both of these posts. 

And I'm as tired as anyone with the "Just wait" mentality of USF athletics. But, with hindsight and facts, I don't think we have any other choices. I'm confident that Harlan is on the right track. If some deep pocket donors were to kick in SEVERAL MILLION DOLLARS I'm sure that whatever timetable we're working on would be adjusted accordingly.