• Join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other Bulls fans!

USF Athletics strategic plan to be unveiled

USF ATHLETICS 

GoUSFBulls.com

Harlan To Present Athletics Strategic Plan Thursday

USF Director of Athletics Available To Media Following Presentation

USF Director of Athletics Mark Harlan will be available to speak with the media following his presentation of Athletics’ five-year strategic plan to the USF Board of Trustees Academics & Campus Environment (ACE) workgroup.

Media are invited to attend Harlan’s presentation to the board and/or to speak to Harlan regarding the details of the plan following his presentation.

The complete 42-page plan will be made available to the media following Harlan’s presentation.

About USF Athletics

USF Athletics sponsors 19 varsity men’s and women’s teams that compete in 11 different sports, 18 competing at the NCAA Division I level in the American Athletic Conference. The Bulls’ athletic program celebrated its 50th anniversary in 2015, having started with a men’s soccer contest in 1965. Nearly 500 student-athletes train and compete in the athletic district located on the east end of the Tampa campus. The Bulls have claimed eight conference titles, so far, in their first three seasons in The American. Eight USF programs reached NCAA post-season competition in the 2014-15 season as USF posted an 83 percent Graduation Success Rate among student-athletes, with 182 earning conference all-academic recognition.

• Upvote 1

Members do not see this ad, Register

I'm going to taper my enthusiasm for the buzzwords that are OCS and IPF; just interested in hearing how the entirety of athletics is fairing. Maybe a huge influx of season tickets and donors than in previous years. Maybe the plan involves ways to expand in other ways. Exciting in the long slog that is the football offseason!

I can't wait to read it. Here are two interesting things:

1. OCS - My guess is: It might not be done in 5 years, but the fundraising will be underway. 

2. How do they deal with Power 5 vs. Group of 5 - our plans for the next 5 years will be vastly different in the AAC vs. a P5 league.