• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Athletics strategic plan to be unveiled

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,339
  • Days Won:  43

5 hours ago, Bausfkid said:

There is no talk, except on this board regarding an OCS.  When will people listen?

Need to put 50K in football seats consistently.  Then, and only then will there be a conversation.

Go Bulls!

Game over, man!! Game over!!! - Hudson

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,519
  • Days Won:  422

3 hours ago, ArmyBull said:

This is why we can't have nice things.  

The days of 50k in seats, as long as we are in the AAC, are over.  We should have struck while the iron was hot.  

Hindsight is what it is.  

Apparently the iron really wasn't that hot. It's not about attendance, it's about big $$$ anteing up and then the faith in your fanbase (ie regular donors) to make an appropriate OCS fiscally possible and that iron has been pretty cool.

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

6 hours ago, Bausfkid said:

There is no talk, except on this board regarding an OCS.  When will people listen?

Need to put 50K in football seats consistently.  Then, and only then will there be a conversation.

Go Bulls!

Right because FAU, FIU, and UCF sure needed 50k in order to build an OCS. Oh, wait....

What we learned today:

USF would like an OCS

USF would like to be in a P5 conference. 

USF needs more donors. 

What did we learn new again?

• Upvote 1

BTW Houston built an OCS and they were averaging probably 25k in thier old stadium. 

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

7 hours ago, Azmodi said:

Actually, there is talk about an OCS on "TheDailyStampede" but, I get your point.

I can't figure it out, but for some reason Bausfkid likes to bash this board...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

Colorado State just released a 12 page promotional ad to sell them for conference expansion.  I know our strategic plan report was not the same thing, but it's interesting to see (more than) a bit of marketing thrown in.

https://www.scribd.com/doc/313193886/CSU-s-Pitch-to-Big-12

Go Bulls!

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

8 hours ago, Triple B said:

Apparently the iron really wasn't that hot. It's not about attendance, it's about big $$$ anteing up and then the faith in your fanbase (ie regular donors) to make an appropriate OCS fiscally possible and that iron has been pretty cool.

While I see your point, there are several issues I have.  First, regardless of feasibility studies, most of the upper half of the AAC have an OCS.  Are we to believe that all of them are in a "better" financial position than us and that an OCS was "feasible"?  I find that hard to believe, especially when you look outside the AAC and power 5 at programs that found it "feasible" to build an OCS.  

I do believe the iron was hot in the BE days.  However, many of us on the board and other places, felt like it was awesome to play in RayJay and perhaps felt like the BE money would always be there.  If we were going to build an OCS, that would have been the time.  We had money, attendance, and AQ conference "power 5" status.  Again, operating in hindsight is easy; but, if we would have known what was coming, I believe we would have had an OCS by now, feasibility be damned!  

That being said, if UCF, Cincy, and Houston can have an OCS, I really don't want to hear all the silly reasons we can not.  

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  130
  • Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  2

8 hours ago, BullsFanInTX said:

BTW Houston built an OCS and they were averaging probably 25k in thier old stadium. 

That stadium cost $128M ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TDECU_Stadium ). That's 51 YEARS of donor contributions at our current level....

Not going to happen.

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

All I care is that it wasn't a but-kissing, speaks-only-to-positives diatribe. Hopefully this at least puts a little oil on the squeaky wheels out there demanding the same things that the big boys have. We're doing fine, and we'll get there--a business that sinks all its revenue into one area is doomed. One step at a time, it's a university.