• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Athletics strategic plan to be unveiled

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,747
  • Days Won:  3

6 minutes ago, Paisa el Toro said:

Not all, but a good bulk of pre-1997 alumni are just different. I'll leave it at that.

That is true. I mean, USF used to be Drive-Thru-U...Community College 2.0....it was get in, get the degree, get out. The school has made great strides since the pre-football days. I don't know that you can go back to the pre-97 alums and expect a sudden increase in support. I mean, for a lot of the pre-97 population, going to USF wasn't really the high water mark so much as making sure the box is checked. 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,114
  • Days Won:  7

10 hours ago, brybull1970 said:

I have been a USF fan since the late 80s but when I think about how I want to spend $2k USF has done little to earn back my business. There are just too many other things I would prefer to do with my money than sink it into something that hasn't be enetertaining for some time. While I am sure that there are others that feel the same way I expect that the majority of the Bay Area doesn't even give USF a thought.

The P5 is a pipe dream and we should be happy that after 20 years of football that we are at where we are at.

You know, let's take a step back and I'll show you why it's important to support USF. 

One-we were entertaining all year. ACROSS THE BOARD. It wasn't just football. Women's basketball had a great year. If women's basketball isn't your thing, then there's soccer. If soccer isn't your thing, there's men's golf, men's and women's tennis, there's baseball which continued to show signs of improvement as the year went on (including taking 2 of 3 from ranked ECU at home), and a softball team that quite frankly overachieved and went on a 23 game winning streak. If that's not entertaining for you, I don't know what is. We finished the regular season in football by steamrolling opponents like a game of NCAA football 2014. If scoring 35+ points per game isn't entertaining to you, I don't know what would be. If avenging the ghosts of demons past, winning BIG in conference like we hadn't done before, being up 51-3 on CIncy at the half and 31-10 on Temple (turning that into a 3 TD win) isn't entertaining for you, then I don't know what is. If the fact that our Olympic sports don't distract you from the fact that it's football/basketball offseason, I don't know what will be. That's what they're there for, after all. 

Now, as to being happy where we are-tell me, would you be happy to be at the same position in your job for the next 10 years? Making the same amount of money year over year? I wouldn't. And USF isn't. We've been at the mountaintop. We've been in a power conference. USF has obviously proven itself capable of getting to that level. But this time, they need everyone to step up.

I think the Lightning are an apt example here, because of how they've played this post season. They're down their captain, their Vezina candidate goalie, and yet despite they're on the cusp of making it to another Stanley Cup final. Why? because the second and third lines have stepped up. Ben Bishop goes down, Andrei Vasilevskiy steps up and delivers. Brian Boyle has had a good post season. So has Alex Killorn and Jonathon Drouin. 

So, my friend, you can have a similar role in USF success. You can step up and be a Killorn or a Drouin or a Vasilevskiy. . 

And here's the best part-you are getting in on the ground floor. The longer you wait, the more expensive that price is going to become as we rise. But USF isn't going to forget you. Why? because you stepped up when USF needed you. That's what we all need to do. 

Reach out, trust me they will be happy to hear from you. But step up, please. The alternative is sitting on the sidelines, and trust me-the sidelines are BORING. I had a lot of fun with USF athletics last year. Last year was my reward for being patient and sticking it out through the painful losses to UCF and FAU and every other team that shouldn't have ever been able to pass USF. This program is on the brink of breaking through, or going stagnant or into a fall. It's potential donors like you who will decide that. Don't be happy with where we're at. Help USF make it happen. 

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  1,828
  • Days Won:  12

2 minutes ago, bullsbucsfan426 said:

This program is on the brink of breaking through, or going stagnant or into a fall. It's potential donors like you who will decide that. Don't be happy with where we're at. Help USF make it happen. 

I don't disagree with anything you said; however, the statement above could have been made at almost any point during our history.  Time to do something radical to "attract" donors so no one has to make this same statement 10 years from now. 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

3 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

And that attitude is why the the USF fan base is small potatoes. Instead of creating an inclusive environment and trying to appeal to those of us who didn't go to USF but still are fans of the school, you'd rather play the "you are not as a big as a fan than me because you don't spend as much money as me" card. Good luck with that.

I don't think it's just a USF thing to compare financial commitment in order to assess a person's worth as a fan. I'm sure they do that everywhere.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

And that attitude is why the the USF fan base is small potatoes. Instead of creating an inclusive environment and trying to appeal to those of us who didn't go to USF but still are fans of the school, you'd rather play the "you are not as a big as a fan than me because you don't spend as much money as me" card. Good luck with that.

Totally agree with you.  I have no idea how old the posters on this forum are, but once you introduce a wife, kids, and everything that comes along with that, it becomes incredibly difficult to make it out to mid-week anything, which particularly hurts basketball.  My dollars are saved for football.  I want USF to win at everything, soccer, softball, baseball, etc. But if people believe that as alumni age they have more money and time to devote to USF athletics, you have it backwards, the time shrinks as other more important responsibilities eat up your time.  Gone are the days of single life and doing what you want when you want to do it.  There is a major disconnect with many on the boards about this, which leads me to believe that many are young and single.  Saturday Football is what tips the scales, period.       

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

I can speak to this as well.  On top of a wife and 4 y/o daughter, I am trying to build two companies and start a foundation for veterans.  Giving extra to athletics is just no where on the radar; especially considering I know absolutely no one in the Bulls Club anymore does not make it easier to stay in touch with their needs.

That being said, I will assure you my butt will be in the seats for every home game and as many away games as I can get away with. 

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,613
  • Days Won:  51

51 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

Sorry, was 1am and I was kinda lit.

3 minutes ago, Skingraft said:

I can speak to this as well.  On top of a wife and 4 y/o daughter, I am trying to build two companies and start a foundation for veterans.  Giving extra to athletics is just no where on the radar; especially considering I know absolutely no one in the Bulls Club anymore does not make it easier to stay in touch with their needs.

That being said, I will assure you my butt will be in the seats for every home game and as many away games as I can get away with. 

Well said.  

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,613
  • Days Won:  51

43 minutes ago, ArmyBull said:

Totally agree with you.  I have no idea how old the posters on this forum are, but once you introduce a wife, kids, and everything that comes along with that, it becomes incredibly difficult to make it out to mid-week anything, which particularly hurts basketball.  My dollars are saved for football.  I want USF to win at everything, soccer, softball, baseball, etc. But if people believe that as alumni age they have more money and time to devote to USF athletics, you have it backwards, the time shrinks as other more important responsibilities eat up your time.  Gone are the days of single life and doing what you want when you want to do it.  There is a major disconnect with many on the boards about this, which leads me to believe that many are young and single.  Saturday Football is what tips the scales, period.       

Both my girls are off to college.  I agree the time shrinks for a while, but then you have it back again.  Just depends on where you are in life relative to this major disconnect. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Sellular1 said:

Both my girls are off to college.  I agree the time shrinks for a while, but then you have it back again.  Just depends on where you are in life relative to this major disconnect. 

You are correct.  See, even in my statement, I was only focusing on my current position and what it will be for the next decade or so.  I was not thinking about 15 years down the road.