• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

If Taggart wins BIG next year, does he stay?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

To in perspective on why many think he deserves a big raise. Winless UCF just paid a first time HC $600,000 more then Taggart is currently making.

Still a long way from $3 million.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,777
  • Days Won:  6

Still a long way from $3 million.

Agreed and even as a CWT supporter all season I don't think he gets 3 million but I think realistically he needs to about double his current salary and make a round $2 million. If the team plays next year how it finished this year I can see another raise and bump. 

I just dont don't see how USF can argue for him to make significantly less then Frost is now making at Mickey U.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

it is hard to say what really motivates him unless you truly know him.  If it comes to that situation and we can pony up the way Houston is and Memphis was going to do with Fuente, is he motivated by a million more a year for maybe a couple of years or is being home, around his family, with possibly a job he can keep for the rest of his life and earn a paycheck that allows him to live more than comfortably enough for him.

Depends on what drives him.  If it really just about earning the biggest paycheck then he would bolt.  If does well here he could have job security for the rest of his coaching career and make not quite the biggest paycheck, but a pretty **** good one.  Just depends on what is thrown at him and who comes calling.  

I agree. I think job security is underrated. I don't think he would leave for a job where he would probably get fired in 3 years even if his salary doubled. If he were to win here we have shown that you can make a very good living all while never having to worry about constantly moving and potentially changing jobs every 3 years.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

To in perspective on why many think he deserves a big raise. Winless UCF just paid a first time HC $600,000 more then Taggart is currently making.

But they don't have an OCS that they need to try to scrape funds together for.  :FIREdevil:

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,455
  • Days Won:  25

Didn't he say when he came here that he told WKU that the only way he would ever leave WKU was to win a NATIONAL Championship?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  3,697
  • Days Won:  7

Didn't he say when he came here that he told WKU that the only way he would ever leave WKU was to win a NATIONAL Championship?

I think he's in it to win it here. Why would he uproot his family again so soon when the sky is the limit here. 

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

Imo he stays.  He just had a baby as well.  His whole extended family is here. 

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Who cares if he leaves if we start winning? It would be a great change of pace to lose a coach because we are winning so much. 

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  91
  • Days Won:  1

If he really wants to be here, yes he stays.  If he doesn't want to be here, then best offer better than USF (in his mind) takes him.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  571
  • Days Won:  0

money is funny.

Billy Taggart logs a cool 50k bonus for leading his team to a bowl game this year. nice little cash injection to the bank account, rite?